VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Can someone advice me how to do this pls? What software would I need? Preferably freeware..

Thanks in advance for your advice.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You must have a software DVD player on your computer already, NO?

this is accomplishable in WIN DVD 4.0 and Up -push the P key during playback and a numbered bmp will appear in the capture directory

In Power dvd, just click the CAMERA ICON on the Player, then open a graphics program and PASTE..Voila..you have a bmp..

Maybe the super dvd player (freeware- has this feature..Others?)
    Quote Quote  
  3. You can do this in vdub, open the file use the source range tab on the timeline to select your start and end points and then select, I think its called save image sequence. I dont have vdub on this PC so I cant check. Vdub will then save as an image every frame between your start and end points.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can also do it in TMPGEnc, just set the start and end points, and then click "File" - "Output to file" - "Sequence BMP file"
    --
    Will
    Quote Quote  
  5. if you have an ati capture card the ati file player will capture your stills hi-res. (1024xsumthin)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Well I would just pause it press the print screen button and then paste into paint, psp etc..
    If it's wet, drink it

My DVD Collection
    Quote Quote  
  7. i tried that once and it wouldnt work! i tried it to cap a screenshot of a dvd. all would show but the screen!
    Quote Quote  
  8. As dcsos notes, you do this in your software DVD player using the appropriate controls. If your software player doesn't have this, either get another or upgrade to the newest version which does.

Not too long ago (um, three years or so?) software players did not allow you to do screen captures and, indeed, prevented it by blacking out the screen during screen dumps so you couldn't even capture your screen with the usual Windows routines. It sounds like you have an old version of software.
    "Like a knife, he cuts through life, like every day's his last" -- Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
    Quote Quote  
  9. I use tmpgenc. Under the noise reduction window, I scroll through the frames till I see one I want. Copy that image to clipboard, open up Paint, paste the image and save as BMP or JPG.
    Quote Quote