VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi there.

I encountered a strange error after joining mts files from my canon xa10 camera. There seems to be an overlapping in the first part of the video as if second and third clip are somehow merged together and not joined. When I play the resultant file in potplayer, when the video reaches the time of second clip, it goes on ok, but when I press seek forward, the player switches to the other clip which should actually be the third one. When I don't press anything, the second clip plays. So it's like first clip is ok, then second and third clips are on parallel tracks, and then fourth and further parts are ok again. I have no idea how it's possible for such a thing happen since I used the program File Joiner and it would not just join clips which doesn't match up. And now what to do? How can I cut it apart again, separate the second and third clips and put it back together? When I open the file in Vegas Pro, it comes up as one track and the third part starts after the first one, so second part is hidden. First time encounter such a thing.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'd try tsMuxeR to join the .mts clips as that's what it's made for. There is a GUI version to make it a bit easier.
    It can probably 'cut it apart again', but it would be much better using the original files.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I deleted the original ones before checking the output... Classical mistake. And I don't like tsMuxeR, it doesn't keep the a/v in sync. You can use the time delay, but I prefer a program which can figure out such a basic thing by itself.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Ok, problem solved by demuxing and remuxing again with tsMuxeR.
    Quote Quote