VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know if this can help, but because there is a new version of K-lite codec (14.30), I think it could.

You can refer to a previous old topic: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/351832-Subtitle-Workshop-MP4-MKV-video-preview-problem

Now, when finishing the installation of the K-lite codec, you must tick "Run codec tweak tool"

You have now two options (maybe take both, I don't know).

1rst option, click on DirectShow Filters under Configuration:

Then click on ffdshow video decoder

Go to the bottom of the right

Click on disabled to make the radio button appear, and choose either "all RGB"

either YV12

I don't know which one works, just try. You can install and install K-lite codec as often as you need.

2nd option:

Under Codec and Filter management, click DirectShow x64

Now click ffdshow videodecoder

And finally tick ffdhowRAW video processor

I guess now you can read mkv and mp4 videos with Subtitle Workshop 6.0

Now, I have a question: is it possible to read .vob videos with SW?
    Last edited by Patapin; 22nd Jul 2018 at 11:40.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Perhaps you can use the latest version of Subtitle Workshop 6.0d, as it has a VLC renderer. This requires VLC 32 bit installed. In the menu of subtitle workshop 6.0D: movie -> video renderer -> VLC.

To open a video file: Movie -> Open -> Choose "All files" instead of "All supported files". Then try vob. Opening iso's is no problem when using the VLC renderer. I haven't tried opening VOB tough.
    Kind Regards,
    Kameleon
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Brilliant, Kameleon!

I had Subtitle Workshop 6.0b, and now I tried Subtitle Workshop 6.0d, it can read VOB files (with either WMP or VLC), thank you very much.
    With the oldest version, VLC can't read those files.

It's a big progress for me, because I won't have to convert video files to be read by SW. Thanks again.
    Quote Quote