VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    hi im looking for a simple program that can capture video with a few criteria

not a mini screen real time view of capture
    a quick single step of pressing a button to save as a dv-avi file - like premiere 6.5 if i recall correctly
    no internet connection reminding me to register sw!
    works on xp upwards

any thoughts?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try Scenalyser .... now freeware..
    Quote Quote  
  3. Capture from what? What OS are you running?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I assumed the OP's phrase 'save as dv.avi file' means capturing DV via Firewire.....so Scenalyser for a Windows based system.

If the OS is Mac then iMovie should do the job, I would guess?......
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by pippas View Post
    I assumed the OP's phrase 'save as dv.avi file' means capturing DV via Firewire.....so Scenalyser for a Windows based system.

If the OS is Mac then iMovie should do the job, I would guess?......
    We both assume, but for all I know he could be capturing with a cheap USB device to DV? Plus, having had a quick look at Scenalyser I think I'd probably second manono and go with WinDV.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by TimA-C View Post
    Plus, having had a quick look at Scenalyser I think I'd probably second manono and go with WinDV.
    I used WinDV for years - it's excellent - but I've never been keen on the fact you can't monitor the audio during capture..

So once Scenalyzer became freeware, I changed over to using that...not that I do very much DV capture these days.....

But as the OP hasn't been back since his initial post, it's probably a slightly academic argument anyway!
    Last edited by pippas; 11th Jul 2018 at 05:46.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I think you're probably right.
    Quote Quote