VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. 2.4x DVD-R? really?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for mentioning any "sleezebates".

Compusa lately has stopped having sales and has what I call "sleezebates" ot "suckerbates" instead.

To me, they don't count, it is always what you pay for at the register or online that counts.

Anybody notice that when their are coupons or "real rebates" for grocery items, the money gets deducted immediately and the store sends the coupons in and waits on the vendors for the money. This is while the customer goes home with the direct from company discount.
    Why oh why do we take this "suckerbate" stuff from electronic stores.

Jon
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    We take it because it is better than nothing at all. Fairly simple really, if you dont want to buy them and get an instant $24.00 discount plus an $8.00 rebate, then go ahead and pay more somewhere else. This is a walk in , get em now type of thing.
    Also the Best buy ad is no rebate at all, like I said. Out the door $114.00 for 100. Where else can ya walk in and get Fuji 4x for $1.14 per disc.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Those Fuji discs at Best Buy are actually $100 after a mail in rebate. $115 out the door, $100 after the rebate.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just bought a 50 pack from compusa. They say on the disc "up to 4x". The manufacturer is Prodisc. Are these any good? They also have Fugi dvd-rw 5 packs for 9.59. Manufacturer is MCC?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Check out this thread for the comments on the Prodisc Fujis
    https://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia.php?selectmedia=978
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yea, the best buy does have a mail in rebate also, it didnt say on on the online page, but todays papaer showed the rebate so its even better.
    As far as the prodisc, did you buy the -R or +R?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The prodisc was a dvd-r. Anybody hear about a manufacturer "MCC"?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Do you mean CMC?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here is what I got Fuji in Bestbuy last November after ThanksGiving sale.
    Region information N/A not a DVD-VIDEO
    Media code/Manufacturer ID RICOHJPNR01
    Format Capacity Not Formatted
    Free Blocks 405405696
    Free Capacity 4.38GB(4.70GB)
    Book Type DVD+R
    Media Type DVD+R
    Media Id Code Speed 4.0x 5540KBps
    Available Write Descriptor CLV 4.0x 5540KBps
    Available Write Descriptor CLV 2.4x 3324KBps
    Data area starting sector 30000h
    Linear Density 0.267um/bit
    Track Density 0.74um/track
    Number of Layers 1

They are really good, I burned over 90 of them and no failure. 4X less than 18 min.

Get it if they are Ricoh
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hmm, I pretty much thought at least Fuji was gonna be TAIYO YUDEN on the +R. Not that RICOHJPNR0 is bad.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No not CMC. "MCC OORWIIN9" that's the mfg code on the fugi dvd-rw discs.
    Quote Quote  
  13. mcc stands for mitsubishi chemical company I think. Supposed to be as good or better than ricoh. Or they used to be.
    Quote Quote  
  14. ???????????????????
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This is all to expensive, especially after sales tax. I just placed another order online. I'll be going that route again. I held out for almost 3 weeks waiting for a sale that didn't suck, not seeing one yet.

Only the MCC and MXL dye is worth these prices, not RICOH or others.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Pop's
    Why would you buy 2x at that price when Best Buy and others have sale's on Memorex 4X + or - at around the same price and burn at 8X on a 8X writer.
    2 reasons. 1) best buy has em for about a buck a disc at 4x and 2)memorex is my absolutely last choice in walk in type store.

I only put up compusa sale because some peeps dont have a best buy but have a compusa. But I listed both and yes, the best buy is a better deal. I know memorex prolly has the same mfg code as the fuji discs do, but Like ive said in many other posts...I HATE Memorex. maybe it's the way they store them or ship them, I dont know for sure. All i know is that ive tried many a disc and memorex has giving me the most fits. Im not getting onto that again.[/b]
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Fuji's in 10pack or less (Made in Japan) are Taiyo Yuden. Not sure about the 25 packs, while almost all 50 and 100 packs are ProdiscS03s (Made in Taiwan).

Not a very good deal for the Prodiscs. Rima has 'em for $82/100. But if your in a hurry, or the UPS man isn't your best friend, not a bad deal. West Coast to East Coast shipping is only ~$6, so it's $88 total.

The Fuji 2x (MCC) DVD-RW aren't my favorite. Slow load times, and ends up skipping on my Panasonic S35. Ritek 1x and Optodisc 2x DVD-RWs don't have these problems.
    Quote Quote  
  18. I bought a spindle of 50 fuji dvd-rs from compusa and dvd indentifier gave me this:

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:RITEKG03]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Disc Type : [DVD-R]
    Manufacturer ID : [RITEKG03]
    Disc Application Code : [Unrestricted Use : Consumer Purpose]
    Recording Speeds : [1x - (2x)]
    Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4,489.3 MB = 4.38 GB]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

good enough I guess.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    yea, riteks are good, but the speed could be better. Wonder if anyone grabbed the 100 pack +R from best buy. curious what their mfg is.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by jaxxboss
    Hmm, I pretty much thought at least Fuji was gonna be TAIYO YUDEN on the +R.
    Never heard of Taiyo Yuden making DVD+R discs. They don't list them on their website.

I know they're going to make 8X DVD+R discs, though...
    http://www.t-yuden.com/news/details.cfm?ID=98
    Quote Quote  
  21. Is there a way to tell externally what kind of manufacturer you'll get on the Fuji 50-pack DVD-R or the TDK 100-pack DVD-R?

I know that "Made In Japan" (as opposed to "Made in Taiwan") is a good indicator that you'll get the better media. But the Japan ones are increasingly harder to find, if at all, in stores.
    Quote Quote