VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hey

hope this is the correct forum.

i have some walmart security video files i'd like to view.
    some of the files have ptz at he beginning which is, i believe the type of camera that took them.
    the files are showing as .avi

however, they dont play on the players i usually use to open avi files - vlc quicktime windows media player etc
    i downloaded some codecs but no luck.

i downloaded 'commandplayer'.
    when i open it. none of the files show up in the walmart folder except one file called 'verint' but the player doesnt still doesn't open this either.
    (i went to the verint site to download their codecs for this one file but it looks like i have to be a client to get them).

the odd thing is that i saw some of the same vids open on windows media player but not on mine.
    i'm assuming they have the codecs.

btw all of this is very new to me.

thanks
    Last edited by ethan2; 12th Oct 2015 at 02:34.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    PTZ= Pan/Tilt/Zoom. A remotely controlled camera.

A lot of security camera systems use custom codecs or formats. You can drop one onto MediaInfo and see what it says about them. Post the text file here.
    Unfortunately most times you need a proprietary player from the company that set up the system. But you can try.

Some research suggests that Verint is using the TJPG codec. TJPG is the fourcc for Loronix’s Temporal JPEG codec.
    But any search for that takes you back to Verint. I can't find much reference to the codec after 2013, but there may be something out there.

But other members may have better information.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by redwudz View Post
    PTZ= Pan/Tilt/Zoom. A remotely controlled camera.

A lot of security camera systems use custom codecs or formats. You can drop one onto MediaInfo and see what it says about them. Post the text file here.
    Unfortunately most times you need a proprietary player from the company that set up the system. But you can try.

Some research suggests that Verint is using the TJPG codec. TJPG is the fourcc for Loronix’s Temporal JPEG codec.
    But any search for that takes you back to Verint. I can't find much reference to the codec after 2013, but there may be something out there.

But other members may have better information.

And welcome to our forums.
    thanks.

i will drop one of the files into mediainfo.

i dont think these particular files require a proprietary player since i viewed them on another computer that was using windows media player.
    i also found a thread on this site in software>converters >winff.
    any opinion if winff might work?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    any opinion if winff might work?
    Maybe. You could also try AVIDemux and see if it would open the file.
    Quote Quote