VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi. I've used AvsPmod a couple of times when I was on Windows 7 but, since installing Windows 10, I seem to have lost my touch. I can't swear that Windows 10 is the problem, mind you. I've taken a VOB file that plays perfectly well then dragged it into AvsPmod where it loaded successfully. The problem is when I try to play it or toggle the preview: "No video" is the error message. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	avspmod.jpg
Views:	639
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	41640  

Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you have to disable ms decoders(msmpeg2vdec.dll, msmpeg2adec.dll in SysWOW64) and install LAVfilters to use DirectShowSource in W10
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks, yonta. I haven't done what you said, though. I used MeGUI to script that VOB and AvsPmod accepted it with no problem. The successful script reads:
    LoadPlugin("E:\Free\MeGUI\tools\dgindex\DGDecode.dll")
    DGDecode_mpeg2source("E:\Test VOB\VTS_01_4.d2v")

I now want to edit an avi file. I can't get AvsPod to load it directly (something about not having a fourcc compressor) so I scripted it with MeGUI as above. The result is in the picture. I'm perplexed – why can AvsPmod not find the LSMASHSource.dll when it had no problem finding the DGDecode.dll?

If anyone can show me how to get my avi previewed in AvsPmod I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	avspmod avi.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	41643  

Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    And which Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime (2012, 2013, 2015) does this build of LSMASHSource.dll require to be installed in Windows? Probably the x86 version if you use a 32-bit AviSynth.

AviSource requires the matching VfW codec installed in Windows. Similar to DirectShowSource which requires matching DirectShow filters installed in Windows (LAV Filters should cover most usual container and content formats).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    try ms vc++ redistro under requirements
    http://avisynth.nl/index.php/LSMASHSource
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks lads. I've installed vcredist_x86 (already had x64) and also x264vfw. Neither had any effect – I still get the error message shown in post #3.

EDIT: I downloaded the LSMASH package for avisynth and inside was another vcredist_x86 but for 2015. I installed it and all is now fine.
    Last edited by pooksahib; 17th May 2017 at 23:49.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So I haven't used AvsPmod for like 2 or 3 weeks and I just went to use it now and all of a sudden it's not working properly and to my knowledge I haven't changed anything.

Basically dragging and dropping in files doesn't work at all and I have no idea why. I have to literally type out the file path for it to work.

I'm running Windows 10 64 bit, running 64 bit AvsPmod. (keep in mind it was working perfectly before) When I saw drag and drop not working I tried using the newest version (2.6.9.1) but it didn't fix it.

I don't know if its relevant at all, but in order for me to able to use the 64 bit version at all, I had to right click properties on AvsPmod, go to the compatibility tab and force it to run as administrator, but just letting you know I only have the 1 user in my Windows installation.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by WAusJackBauer View Post
    [SIZE="3"]So I haven't used AvsPmod for like 2 or 3 weeks and I just went to use it now and all of a sudden it's not working properly and to my knowledge I haven't changed anything.

Basically dragging and dropping in files doesn't work at all and I have no idea why. I have to literally type out the file path for it to work.
    Check options => extension templates

The filetype extension has to be registered e.g. mp4 , mkv, etc...

e.g. for me, I have avi opening with AVISource(***)

If you do not have an entry matching what you're trying to drag/drop, it won't work
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can't drag an icon into a authorized app, that's an elevation of privileges, Windows restriction
    AvsPmod should not/does need Admin authority
    Last edited by davexnet; 3rd Sep 2021 at 22:38.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    You can't drag an icon into a authorized app, that's an elevation of privileges, Windows restriction
    AvsPmod should not/does need Admin authority
    Not sure if there was a typo there, but I'm not dragging icons, I'm dragging in things like video and audio files. DTS, AC3, MKV ect.

The program just wouldn't run unless I made it run as administrator. Didn't have this issue with the 32 bit version of AvsPmod.

Also, when I try drag a file into an AvsPmod script, my mouse curser turns into a circle with a diagonal line across it. As in the typical not allowed, incorrect, wrong, not accepted icon.
    Quote Quote