VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to create subtitles with Subtitle Workshop. I saved my DVD onto my hard drive, and opened the last .vob file since I want to put the subtitles on video which is at the end of my disc. But Subtitle Workshop doesn't seem to want to work with all of the video - after 6 minutes the timer stops but the movie still plays... I also have a few reliability problems with the Movie playing... I tried the coda codec pack but this didn't help.

Am I doing something wrong here - such as trying to play .vob files ? Can I convert these .vob files into some other format that Subtitle Workshop is happier with?

Thanks for any help !
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just playing vobs can cause playing problems. You could demux to video and audio streams and remux to a new mpg. Use for example tmpgenc, file->mpeg tools.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yeah you need to re-author your vobs with like rejig(demux, reathor with sub file), or you can try srt2sup and adding the sup to the vob folder... never tried to see if it works though.
    Quality is my policy.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    One thing I found out about Sub workshop is that it doesn't change idx into srt... it doens't even load idx/sub files.. They really need a newer version.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    hi

i would convert the last vob to divx and load the divx file into SW.

works for me
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Convert the vob to dixv? How do you mean?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    a while ago i tried to make subtitles for a dvd i had without subtitles i bought abroad. the ones i found on the net were badly translated so i set on to making a some by me.

first i copied the dvd to hd but without splitting the vobs in 0.99g chunks, then i loaded the vob on to subtitle workshop but it didnt play properly. i checked wich other formats SW supported and divx is one of them so converted the whole movie to divx and done that way

only convert your last vob to divx and youre away.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you can use virtualdub mod or dr divx to only convert convert the last vob.

use the trial o dr divx and select the portable video profile to make a faster conversion
    Quote Quote