I've seen several posts on this topic in this forum - from 2006, 2007 - and none of them ever got an answer. So let's try it again.

I had WinTV6 working with Vista Home Premium SP1. In March, 2009, I basically built a whole new computer while upgrading my old one. Still using Vista Home Premium, now with SP2. I tried WinTV7 - which is all digital - and couldn't get it to work, so I went back to WinTV6. I can get the preview picture and sound (as in the past), but when I press the button to record, it records about 11 seconds, then says "Stream DShow Error StartEncoder: No Data From Encoder Unspecified Error (0x80004005) - same message as you'll find in other posts in this forum and on the internet - and no one seems to have yet figured this out.

I can turn off UAC, I can "run as administrator" - no difference. I haven't disabled all the WMC pieces.

What mystifies me is that it *is* recording - all it has to do is get out of its own way and keep doing what it is already doing. The 11 seconds that gets recorded has good picture, good sound, and sound in sync with the picture - everything I want!!!

I have an ASUS M3N72-D motherboard, AMD Phenom II X4 940 processor, EVGA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 video card, and Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 capture card.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled WinTV6 - to try to get the drivers to install properly (to fix the problem that is the topic of this post)... but it hasn't made any difference.

I see there are alot of codecs availabe at VideoHelp - is there something I can be looking for among them to possibly fix this problem? I think the Hauppauge site has something about Soft-PVR???