VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. If you have Blu-ray access it will cost you up to $9 more per month starting April 27,they say the price increase is to due to the extra cost of Blu-ray dscs.If you only have DVD access then the cost will be the same.
    http://blog.netflix.com/2009/03/price-update-for-access-to-blu-ray.html

FYI:Blockbuster doesn't charge extra for Blu-ray.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Netflix sent this...

As a result, the monthly charge for Blu-ray access is increasing for most plans and will now vary by plan. The charge for monthly Blu-ray access on your 2 DVDs at-a-time (Unlimited) plan will increase from $1 a month to $3 a month. The price of your 2 DVDs at-a-time (Unlimited) plan is not changing and remains at $13.99 a month.

The new charge for Blu-ray access will be automatically added to your next billing statement on or after April 27, 2009 and will be referenced in your Membership Terms and Details.

If you wish to continue unlimited Blu-ray access for $3 a month, you don't need to do anything. If not, you can remove Blu-ray access anytime by visiting Your Account.
    I sure did! Our disc rentals are mainly classics, animations and family fare. Netflix decides to raise our fee 13.3% because we receive one BR disc every month or two. The people who watch the mostly current, mostly crappy, movies on BR disc should pay for the privilege indeed. But I will not subsidize the viewing habits of others an extra 21%. I will enjoy the price break.
    Quote Quote