VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi to all,

a few weeks ago I signed up to a course in a private community. This course is delivered by more than 100 videos that are embedded in the community website but are hosted in Vimeo.

Unfortunatly I find myselnf facing a big problem.

I have a terrible connection at home (1,8 mbps with a lot of disconnections...it sounds incredible) and I find a lot of troubles to watch this course. So I would like to download the videos at my workplace for watch them peacefully offline at home and also for own a backup copy just in case.

I know the process to follow for download this kind of video from Vimeo but I'm guessing if there is a way for the video owner to detect that I downloaded the video, maybe finding that my IP downloaded the video on Vimeo and crossing it with the IPs that accessed his website.

In the past year I bought another course and i faced the same problem but I bypassed it by capturing with a software all the videos at my workplace but at the moment I don't have the time for embark again in a similar venture.

I hope someone can help me.

Cheers

P.S. : sorry for my english, i'm not a native speaker.
    Quote Quote  
  2. if your only problem is to be detected for your IP, use a VPN ... simple, i think
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thank you very much for your answers guys

Originally Posted by lomero View Post
    if your only problem is to be detected for your IP, use a VPN ... simple, i think
    Even if I use a VPN, when I log into the account of the course website, the IP would be associated to my account. I thought that maybe Vimeo could shows IPs of people that downloaded his video to the video owner. In that way, checking the IPs on his website, he can identify who downloaded his video (because for detect the download links I must access to the video pages on the website) and ban the user.
    Quote Quote  
  4. oh yes, right, your account.

but how does the owner know if you have downloaded it or just play ? ....
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by lomero View Post
    oh yes, right, your account.

but how does the owner know if you have downloaded it or just play ? ....
    I don't know...maybe i'm just a bit paranoic

Thank you for your time and your help

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Sorry to bother you again but I want to clarify a point. I download the videos using the vod-progressive.akamaized links. Is it safe to do that?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by briantv View Post
    Is it safe to do that?
    Nope. Immediately shift delete them, the police might be on your door very soon.
    Hope at least you used a VPN...
    Quote Quote