VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm thinking of upgrade my Pioneer Ao4 that I love it burn's the COMPUSA DVD-R with no problem's and it burn's khypermedia with no problem's. I really like Pioneer but was thinking of a LG burner. LG burn's DVD-RAM and was thinking of a Panasonic home recorder. If LG GSA-4040B has any problem's with CompUSA DVD-R 1X blank or khypermedia DVD-R 1X blanks. I do not want it.

Also thinking of the OptoRite DD0203 and would this drive have any problem's with CompUSA DVD-R blanks or khypermedia DVD-R 1X blank's?

And I'm also thinking of Plextor PX-708A that can burn DVD+R at 8X. but want it to burn CompUSA and khypermedia DVD-R 1X blank's with no problem's.

Also Im thinking of Pioneer AO6 as my Ao4 has no problem's with any media I'm think the AO6 would not have any problem's as well

Also I like the LG price it's cheepbut do not want any media problem's with any brand I put in the driveand also want the drive to burn blank disc at the speed they say they are.

Any help a big thank's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have the pioneer 106a and it burns any of the cheap media I've tried, + or - media. I also upgraded the firmware ( hacked) and now burns any 1x -r media at 2x and also rips at 12x
    Quote Quote  
  3. top right corner of the main page has a daily list of prices on the cheapos you can use.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is cheap media really worth the trouble?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I have Optorite DD0203, and the first DVD's I tried to burn were CompUSA 1X DVD-R (Princo) and CompUSA 1X DVD-R (Optodisk). The pack of 10 of these disks was on sale at CompUSA for $7.99. I had no problem burning these cheap disks and did not have a single coaster, but had some issues with playback. Later I discovered that the playback issues were caused by faster burning of 1X DVD-R disks (at 2X as Nero allowed me to burn) as well as by labels applied to these disks (see my topic https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=185604). I just tried to burn CompUSA 1X DVD-R yesterday at 1X speed and did not apply label - no problems with burning or playback.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Someone asked that just the other day. You can read those replies (including mine) :c) here: https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=185488&highlight=
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    The Rogue Pixel: Pixels are like elephants. Every once in a while one of them will go nuts.
    Quote Quote  
  7. "GKar" The reason for cheep media I believe a burn that can burn cheep media has a better laser in it. Also as burner's get better companies will start to make media cheepper. When I got my first CDR burner. Me and a friend would buy pricey TDK blank's. Now TDk does not make high end CDR's they make the same cheep stuff ever other company make's now. And who know when a company will start to make cheep media. Keep in mind I have a AO4 that burn's cheep media with no problem. And all my DVD back up's play back fine. And $7.99 for a ten pack can go a long way.

Any way "GKar" how are the Ranger's doing these day's LOL
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You might look at my post about the playback issues on the Optorite drive in this topic https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=185604

It's a pain the the butt if you ask me, but at least I never get coasters now.

*thanks the original person who found that info*
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Out of all the burners I used, seen, tested, heard about, etc... believe it or not... I wish I'd have gotten a 104 when I had the chance!

It burns the most cheap media at the fastest speeds with the least amount of coasters. Especially on the hacked firmwares.

I've seen it work flawlessly with Princo, LD, fake media, Ritek G3 and even CMC (though CMC still sucks so hard it'll still often cause the 104 to reject it). I cannot reproduce as accurate a results on my 103 or 105, nor any Sony, NEC and other variants I've come across.

Not what you wanted to hear, I'm sure.

Your best bet is to upgrade to better media for bset reliability.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote