VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have 2 dirty harry disks, magnum force and the dead pool which i am trying to decrypt, both films are slow when i play them in mpchc but when i play them in power dvd they play fine, i was using anydvd hd 6.6.4.2, but i updated that today and it is telling me this when it is trying to process the disk "anydvd requires a critical component to decrypt the disc, if you do not download, decryption will stop" but because it is trialware it wont let me download the file that i need and wont process the disk, so they wont play in mpchc anymore so i used dvfab passkey and they play but they slow

Magnum force decrypted with makemkv but played slow, and makemkv couldn't save the dead pool file and handbrake quits after 0.8%, i have just updated to the new version of makemkv so see if that is any better. Update - new makemkv didn't work either, but got the anydvd problem sorted.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to get round this.
    Last edited by adamf154; 24th Jul 2010 at 13:30.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try DVD Fab. The free version allows for DVD to ISO or DVD to VIDEO_TS folder.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by adamf154 View Post
    Does anyone have any ideas of how to get round this.
    Buy AnyDVD?
    Buy MakeMKV?
    Does MakeMKV even decrypt?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Try DVD Fab. The free version allows for DVD to ISO or DVD to VIDEO_TS folder.
    We are in the BluRay forum. I didn't catch it at first either.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Ah, sorry. I saw the post from the front page. Yes, MakeMKV does decrypt. Both DVD and Blu-ray, I believe.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Ok problems solved it seems, got anydvd hd problem solved and the playing problem seemtd to be a mpchc problem so i reinstalled it and it seems to play properly now, make mvk eventually worked it think that only works if the disk has been ripped to pc, handbrake didn't work at all but its working now with the file from makemkv.
    Quote Quote