VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I'm new to that program and I'd like to know a few things:

- I know how to fade in/out a single track. Can I select more than one (even if one is video and the other is audio) and set the fade for both of them?

- I just trimmed all the tracks in my project and I want to move them all to the very beginning of the video. How do I do that? Screenshot for reference: http://i53.tinypic.com/35irgaw.png

- can I make the video track appear as a single image? I don't want to see all the frames, it just confuses me.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Ygramul View Post
    - I know how to fade in/out a single track. Can I select more than one (even if one is video and the other is audio) and set the fade for both of them?
    I can try and help you out with this one. I use a script to do this. I forget where I downloaded the sample script but it's a java script code with the .js extension.

here is the code
    Code:
    /** 
     * Program: FadeEventInOut.js
     * Description: This script will add a 1 second fade both ends of any selected events
     * Author: Johnny (Roy) Rofrano john_rofrano@hotmail.com
     * Date: June 7, 2003     - Initial Release
     *       April 27, 2004   - Updated for Vegas 5 libraries
     *       Jabuary 26, 2005 - Updated to work on multiple events
     **/ 

import System.Windows.Forms;
    import Microsoft.Win32;
    import Sony.Vegas;

var fadeAmount : Timecode = new Timecode(1000);

try
    {
        // step through all tracks
        for (var track in Vegas.Project.Tracks) 
        {
            for (var evnt in track.Events)
            {
                if (evnt.Selected)
                {
                    evnt.FadeIn.Length = fadeAmount;
                    evnt.FadeOut.Length = fadeAmount;
                }
            }
        }
    }
    catch (errorMsg)
    {
        MessageBox.Show(errorMsg, "Error", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Exclamation);
    }
    This one is set up for 1 second fade in/out. What you can do is copy n paste this code into notepad and rename it to .js extension. Then edit and customize the timing by changing the number next to Timecode. Then in Vegas you highlight the tracks you want to apply the fade to, then go to Tools-->Scripting -->Run Script and browse to the java script you customized. If you use it a lot you can put the script into the Script Menu folder where you installed Vegas so that you don't have to keep browsing for it.
    Quote Quote