VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey,

this has probably been covered before, but I seem to not be able to find a thread here :

I use the Hauppauge HD PVR device to capture hi-def feeds from my SAT Box using component output. I capture in 1280x720, the resolution my box displays in, and the software captures at 50 fps direct to M2TS, with AC3 sound.

My question is this :

When I play those captures back on my home-theater PC, the media player shows me video size as 640x360, not 1280x720. I tried it on all my hi-def content, and even on the HD DVDs and BluRays, it shows me half the actual resolution, not 1920x1080 or 1280x720.

Is this due to an error in the media player, or do I have to use a different setting ?

This only just occurred to me, as I was checking the captures .....
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Windows Vista Media Center? or some other htpc software?

And this sounds more like a htpc issue then any advanced conversion. Moving you.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Um, it's actually on Media Player Classic, HTPC Media Player, the only one that displays 1280x720 is MKPlayer.

Windows Media Player can't play M2TS at all, VLC also dies on me.

Total Media Theatre, which was bundled with the capture device, says it's 1280x720, it's just the differences that are throwing me.

Are MPC and the others interlacing the picture, thus effectively halfing it ?!
    Quote Quote