VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I burned few folders including video files to a Blank DVD using ImgBurn few months back. Yesterday, I tried to copy one folder containing video files to my local disk. All files were copied except for 1 video. The video was about 600-700mb and I was unable to copy the whole file. I then tried to copy only that file to C disk but still it was stuck in between. Then I tried playing that file in DVD and I was able to play the file. However, I was unable to copy that file to my computer. I tried copying using AnyReader but once I select that folder, AnyReader shows an error message and closes.

I'm using Windows 7 OS.

Please check and update me regarding the necessary steps that can be taken to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Anil
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try first copy on another computer/dvd drive.
    Try then something like isobuster, cdroller or the old free DVD Decrypter might also work.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks.. I'll try and let you know...
    @N!l
    Quote Quote  
  4. Here's the screenshot for the error messages I received : Click image for larger version

Name:	AnyReader stopped working.PNG
Views:	250
Size:	236.8 KB
ID:	19591Click image for larger version

Name:	AnyReader copy error.PNG
Views:	248
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	19592Click image for larger version

Name:	Copying stuck.PNG
Views:	1038
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	19593
    @N!l
    Quote Quote  
  5. The way I read the description for AnyReader is it's no magic bullet.

The reason the file plays okay with a media player is when they hit a section of the file which can't be read properly they usually skip over it and keep going. It mightn't be something you'd even notice.

Windows won't copy a file unless it can copy all of it intact. If the disc wasn't burned well or is badly scratched etc, and even the error correction on the disc can't help the drive read the entire file correctly, Windows won't be able to copy it.
    If AnyReader can't copy the whole file, then unlike Windows it'll copy as much as it can, while filling the parts which couldn't be copied with blank data, so you'll effectively be copying a version of the file which is corrupted in some way. I don't know why AnyReader is crashing, but it may not solve the problem anyway. AnyReader might tell the drive to make more attempts to read the file than it otherwise would when just copying it with Windows, but if the data is ultimately unreadable, then it's unreadable.

If at all possible, try the disc in another drive. Some drives are better at reading problem discs than others. I've got three different DVD drives, and on occasion I've had to use all three to copy all the files from a disc, as each drive could read parts of it, but not all of it. Sometimes though, you just can't get everything off a bad disc not matter what you do.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Kumaranil_1918 View Post
    Here's the screenshot for the error messages I received : Image
    [Attachment 19593 - Click to enlarge]
    How about buying the DVD or Blu Ray and not messing with illegal torrented crap?
    Quote Quote