VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a an HD video file for a full length movie that is around 140 gigs in size. I burned it to Blu Ray through DVD Fab, after putting it through TsMuxer but the file was only about 20 gigs then. I have dual layer BD discs so I wanted to get the most out of it without too much compression. So what would I have to do to get the most out of the file?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by swarez View Post
    I have a an HD video file for a full length movie that is around 140 gigs in size. I burned it to Blu Ray through DVD Fab, after putting it through TsMuxer but the file was only about 20 gigs then. I have dual layer BD discs so I wanted to get the most out of it without too much compression. So what would I have to do to get the most out of the file?

It might be as simple as increasing the bitrate . eg. If you used 2x the video stream bitrate, the video stream size will increase 2x and the quality loss will decrease if everything else is the same (the largest stream will usually be video, but there is audio bitrate, accessory streams, and container overhead as well for total size)

But there are certain limitations for authored BD discs , including bitrate. For example, if the video was short in duration, you might not be able to fill the disc

What is the duration of the video ?

What are the dimensions of the video ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hey.
    The video is a 100 minute .mov file and is 1920x1080.

So I would just increase the bitrate in Media Encoder?
    Quote Quote  
  4. stream size = bitrate * running time

The maximum allowable video bitrate for Blu-ray is 40 Mb/s. At 20 GB your 100 minute video is rougly 27 Mb/s. So you can't go too much higher.
    Quote Quote  
  5. OK, good pointers.
    Thanks guys.
    Quote Quote