VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Pioneer says it records VBR on their web site at the link below,

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4139_237562239_tab=B,00.h...etailComponent

but not in the manual.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I Said This Before.
    I know bitrate, re-encoding, etc. I don't profess to be an expert. I have used a PC and it has advantages. but its a hassle and so is all this getting the max bitrate etc. My eyes may not be the best but they are far from the worst. I've recorded some programs at different recording modes [bitrate] HP, SP, LP, EP.
    HP Is a waste of space. Quite frankly SP, LP. looks the same. and if you didn't have an EP recording running alongside the same program in SP or LP I don't think the avarage person would see a real world difference. In to many real world cases, the resolution wasen't there anyway. I think the pictures on other posts by [ rhegedus ] bear this out.

Some time ago, in the world of vacuum tubes.
    People were building [High End] audio amplifiers that were supposed to go out to 30,000 cycles. The avarage person's hearing didnt go much over 18,000 and most didn,t go over 15,000. The reply was,
    [ We Know but You Can Feel It ] Crap the only thing you could feel [believe me you could feel it]was a [TRUE] 200 watt amplifier pumping full power at 20 - 30 cycles to a 20", [Or Larger ] 55 lb. magnet, full suspension speaker. At the time that would cost a few thousand bucks and you couldn't stay in the same HOUSE or Neighborhood but some still built them.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can do VBR 2-pass encoding on the fly if the machine has a buffer cache to fill and read from, to get the data in advance. Not sure which models have this though if any.
    Quote Quote