VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm sorry to make what appears to be a repost but I am getting desperately confused and have run out of ideas in resolving this issue....

I have 3 Blu-Ray rips and I am looking to play them on my PC.
    One plays fine and the other two don't.
    Can I just add at this stage that I actually own the 3 Blu-Rays but have left them in France (long story not tall!).

Currently I am just running the .m2ts file(s).
    The rip which works, plays in Media Player Classic, Media Player Classic Home Cinema, Windows Media Player and PowerDVD8 Ultra with no problems at all.

However, I can't get the two which don't work to play properly in ANY player.
    I have installed ffdshow, haali media splitter and ac3filter.

Playing with Media Player Classic and Windows Media Player gives me audio and video but the video is frequently pixelated and sometimes the application even crashes.
    PowerDVD8 Ultra plays the video well (no pixelation) but there is no audio.
    Also on a smoothly panning piece of video it can be noted that there is a tiny amount of stuttering. It is minute but definitely there and just about visible.

So....

1) How should I tackle this in order to get the two rips to play properly?
    I would prefer to use PowerDVD8 Ultra otherwise I will feel I have wasted my money buying it.

3) Is it possible to "clean" the machine completely from all previously installed codecs etc and start afresh incase something left over from a previous attempt is causing problems?
    Indeed is it worth trying this in the first instance?

3) How can I create an ISO image from the rips and will I be able to mount such an image using Daemon Tools Lite so I can experience the Blu-Ray as its supposed to be played?

I have a Quad core machine with 2GB RAM and an nVidia 8800GTS 512MB graphics card (latest drivers).
    I am running Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit.

Thank you kindly for any help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    3. Try make an in iso using imgburn(add the BDMV folder). Mount with daemon tools or virtualclone drive and then try powerdvd.

Or make a MKV from the blu-ray m2ts using MakeMKV or tsmuxer.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Baldrick.

I have spent hours on this today but I simply cannot get it to work
    I have done exactly as you have suggested but still with no joy.

I have tried mounting the image both with Daemon Tools and VirtualClone Drive but each time PowerDVD8 Ultra informs me that "there is a disc with an unsupported format in the drive".

I have followed the instructions to Re-enable HD DVD playback incase this is causing the problem but this doesn't help either.

Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For another upate Baldrick, I have now installed TotalMedia Theatre.

This appears to play the rip very well although when I switch from the default audio stream (German) to the English one there is some slight crackling/stuttering audible.

What could cause this?

Also why do you think TotalMedia Theatre can play the rip when the other applications I have tried can't?
    Quote Quote