VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    These are pretty cheap on eBay but I can't find a definite yes or no on 64 bit Windows 10 support, or whether or not they support Macrovision - especially if they have problems with false triggering on analog sources that do not have copy protection.

Last time I did any VHS capturing was circa 2004 using an old GeForce 2 Ti AGP card with VIVO and I had to put together a mix of driver files to stop it from putting a white bar across videos I'd recorded with a camcorder.

I have an old WinTV 2000 PCI card that 100% does not have Macrovision support, but I'd have to setup an XP box for it. Would be nice if someone would take the universal Bt capture driver source code and update/port it to Win 7+ and 64 bit. That would enable a huge number of old cards to be used again.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Windows 10 drivers exist for the WinTV HVR-1250: http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/support.html

I don't have answers to the rest of your questions.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 24th Sep 2017 at 17:39.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. I was told that the WinTV HVR-1250 ignores macrovision when capturing vhs. I ordered one recently to try it out myself.

Someone should make a list of these cards that ignores macrovision. It can actually be really helpful.
    Last edited by cold_187; 3rd Oct 2017 at 08:50.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cold_187 View Post
    I was told that the WinTV HVR-1250 ignores macrovision when capturing vhs. I ordered one recently to try it out myself.

Someone should make a list of these cards that ignores macrovision. It can actually be really helpful.
    Let us know if it does or not. I have some old recordings to digitize and would like to not be bothered by over-sensitive "protection" garbage. My VCR is a Panasonic AG-1980. Dunno if capturing standard VHS via S-Video makes it any better than composite, but it can't make it worse.
    Quote Quote