VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Recently when I go to various websites, I will occassionally get "object error" message that will not go away. I have not added or downloaded anything new recently and I have Frontier's antivirus on my computer. I also have System Mechanic on my computer which shows no issues. Can anyone help me?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    how about some more info. the browser?? the website? maybe a screenshot of the error message and url might help.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was using Internet Explorer and it was Uniformadvantage.com. Sorry, I don't know how to take a screen shot. I use Windows XP. I never thought about doing it, but I went to the firefox browser and it works fine on there.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BLSAMPLES View Post
    I was using Internet Explorer and it was Uniformadvantage.com. Sorry, I don't know how to take a screen shot.
    Well, perhaps you should do a Google search on how to do this. It's not hard, but if you're too lazy to do even that, you're not really going to be able to get any help around here. And we definitely need a LOT more info than you have provided. Figure out how to do the screen capture if you want help with this.
    Quote Quote  
  5. This could be a double post, first one didn't save.
    I just resolved a similar issue on my wife's PC (she doesn't have admin rights) Turned out to be an add in in IE9 called Privacy Safeguard. Took a while to figure it out, assumed the add in was part of Symantec Internet Security.

Try to disable all the add ins in IE. In my case I couldn't disable the Privacy Safeguard, but was in Control Panel/Programs and Features (Add/Remove Programs in XP). I was able to uninstall it and then reboot. It was gone.

I don't if this method is available in XP, but in Win 7 you can go to Programs/Accessories/System Tools and start IE without any add ins. Good way to check if an add in is responsible.

Hope this helps.
    Quote Quote