VideoHelp Forum

Poll: What Do You Think of the Warning System?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tgpo
    Originally Posted by Will Hay
    **** me tgpo
    You coming here, or should I come over there? :P

Actually you wanna be careful, I see that borg member has followed you from 'post you pic'
    You're getting a stalker man
    Will
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You're getting a stalker man
    Baldrick be thy name :P
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Will Hay
    I see that borg member has followed you
    tgpo, if she's similar to her avatar you'd better stick with Will Hay
    You stop me again whilst I'm walking and I'll cut your fv<king Jacob's off.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    tgpo, if she's similar to her avatar you'd better stick with Will Hay
    I dunno... a woman who can take her head off her shoulders? that has serious potential...

probably wasted on a tender young innocent like TGPO... you need to be a serious, advanced perv to utilize such skills...
    - housepig
    ----------------
    Housepig Records
    out now:
    Various Artists "Six Doors"
    Unicorn "Playing With Light"
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    Originally Posted by tgpo
    Originally Posted by Marco33
    Originally Posted by DivXExpert
    I like it. I wish I was a moderator. Oh wait I am .
    Is he actually a mod?

Why is his Blue lettering lower than TGPO... if that is the real TGPO.
    That's because his blue text is his avatar :P
    Maybe it is time to test the red card......or change so you can't have nothing as member status...

so is he a real mod?

i can see where this can get confusing.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am not a mod.
    i think then it is only proper you remove whatever it is you did
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @ tenders..

Just move your mouse over the imposter'ed blue text.. if it
    highlights in green, then its for real, if not, its an image (false)

-vhelp
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Personally, I don't understand it, but what I'm seeing is somewhat annoying.

This used to be a great place to ask questions, trade info, and learn. Decss came out, and gradually the focus of this site changed from how to wrangle mpegs to how to copy DVD's.

Then the site grew. And grew. And grew. Eventually, it apparently became so huge that the owner sought out more help to run and police it.

Now it's getting to be almost like a government.
    And like any government, reasons are eventually thought of to gain more control over the populace.

There has been much talk lately of warnings and thread closures.

People are ENCOURAGED to turn others in. I simply have a very hard time believing that the troublemaking has gotten so out of hand that a simple email to Baldrick is no longer enough. We need a special link on each and every post! This in effect makes everyone a moderator.

I don't know what country everyone else lives in, but here in the States our government is big enough for TWO countri... make that, the WORLD! (as I'm sure most of you already know).
    I don't have a bad attitude...
    Life has a bad attitude!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by leebo
    I simply have a very hard time believing that the troublemaking has gotten so out of hand that a simple email to Baldrick is no longer enough.
    It has, but I think we ask enough of Baldrick already. One man can't run a site alone, this I know. Especially one where content changes daily.

There's lots of pissing contests and just plain stupid people wandering in here these days asking where to steal movies that are in theatres. It needs to be controlled, just like anything else that includes large numbers of members or citizens. Some percentage of a population is always criminal and/or stupid.

And yeah, too much DVD copying, which is honestly not as hard as everybody wants to make it. I mean, seriously, click-click-done! That stuff's for amateurs and wanna-be's anyway. This site should get back to making video, not copying it. And "re-encoding" existing video is just as bad. Seriously, make something new. If what I wants already exists, I just buy it. That's why I have worldwide VCRs and DVD players. I make things you can't find. The only exception is putting your existing commercial VHS tapes on DVD, and that I understand, there's cost savings there.

My viewpoints. To each their own.

And I'm all for blue-colored names. I've been fooled several times by fake mods. Pissed me off more than once.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @vhelp

tried that with TGPO in this thread,didn't work. sh*t TGPO is a fake mod too
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The main problem I thought would be in the mods applying the rules in a consistent fashion given their individual personalities, age, cultural background and geographic location, etc... So far none have gone on a power trip and they seem to have left the old bantering go on as long as it stayed within rules. I like the fact that many reported threads are often let go when it appears that it they were misunderstood and reported on too quickly by an overzealous user.

Whether the warning system should exist or not is not for me to say since it's a moderator tool. Only they and Baldrick can really assess its effectiveness.

From my perspective, it has not taken away any usefulness or my enjoyment of this site since its inception.

Now???? That tgpo option ... hmmmm... let me think

Naaaaahhhhh :P :P
    There's not much to do but then I can't do much anyway.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not really sure I understand how one can criticize the direction toward DVD that the forum has taken. The forum is nothing more than a representation of what the users want to know, after all they are the ones that create the posts. If you want to maintain a little more focus on other topics, then by all means post new threads on them.

As for the guides, well most of those are written by the users, and again reflect what the other users want to know. I have never ever seen another video editing site/forum more open to user input. How many other sites let you post a guide you have made, directly to the website, with no questions asked? Granted the name changed to dvdrhelp, but seriously, how many people on this forum still make VCDs compared to those that make DVDs?

As for "report this post" options and our new warning system, they are more for convenience than anything else. For a long time we had a running thread in our priv mod forum where we attempted to keep track of consistent rule breakers. The thread got way too long and it was impossible to keep track of the thousands of users on this site. Now with the warning system, things really do just sort themselves out.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I guess nobody thought the Moderator Avatar was funny. I'll change it. I am sorry.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I guess nobody thought the Moderator Avatar was funny. I'll change it. I am sorry.
    we all make mistakes,i am no exception.

may the force be with you
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by DivXExpert
    I guess nobody thought the Moderator Avatar was funny. I'll change it. I am sorry.
    You gotta be careful around people like me, whose IQ can be collectively measured with the fingers on one hand...
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by indolikaa
    You gotta be careful around people like me, whose IQ can be collectively measured with the fingers on one hand...
    thanks,but i do not really want to know what you do with your fingers.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by housepig
    I dunno... a woman who can take her head off her shoulders? that has serious potential...

I can see it now....
    ..."I'm sorry Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to leave the cinema, yes, now please, yes, take the head with you too, and the tissues"

Will
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ahhh, Will, you're a man after my own heart!!
    - housepig
    ----------------
    Housepig Records
    out now:
    Various Artists "Six Doors"
    Unicorn "Playing With Light"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

I can see it now....
    ..."I'm sorry Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to leave the cinema, yes, now please, yes, take the head with you too, and the tissues"

Will
    And the peanut butter too. Yes even if it is your head.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Don't sweat it
    The moderator status is, from what I can gather, held in high regard and I think you may have just put your big toe over the line.
    Your new one is much better
    Will
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think that one of the things that a lot of people forget about is that we all were once "regular" visitors to this site. We didn't come to this site as moderators. Plus the fact that we are regualr people. We're not machines, we can make mistakes. GASP! We're not always right. We love bathing in cream cheese.......perhaps that was too much information...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If what you say is true, then i'm a mod in disguise! I -always- make mistakes, and i LOVE bathing in cream cheese, and then eating it!
    Quote Quote