VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    We appreciate that but means I will need to learn to do this on my pc then install ffmpeg on her pc and show her how to do it or do it myself.

I am willing to try to help her out, I will not be charging her for this but first issue is if you can refer to my post #10 please, I am not able to install or open the ffmpeg utility?
    Quote Quote  
  2. ffmpeg is a commandline tool, which mean you cannot open it with a double click. But don't worry, I help you:

You have downloaded the latest ffmpeg.exe from videohelp, right?
    Open Notepad paste the Code from @jagabo, one of the best persons here on videohelp
    Then save the text file as test.bat or what you want, the .txt must be replaced with .bat
    Place also the ffmpeg.exe in the folder with the bat file and the videofiles
    doubleclick the bat file
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I followed this tutorial to the letter : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcdTIDHm4KM

So according to that ffmpeg is instaeed. Assuming that is accurate, I go to START, then type ffmpeg which shows ffmpeg.exe but when I click on that it opens a cmd window only for a split second so what can I do next please? I think I am understanding now, I was looking for a Utility with a GUI but seems the "command line" which you guys are referring to is having to work inside of a cmd instead?
    Quote Quote  
  4. 1) Start Notepad.

2) Copy/paste the lines in the code box in post #28.

3) File -> Save with Notepad -- when you enter the filename include the extension .bat so Notepad doesn't save with the default extension .txt. For example type "RemuxAll.bat" as the file name (without the quotes) Be sure to save the bat file in the folder with your swf files (or move it there if you've already saved somewhere else).

4) Use Explorer to navigate to the folder with the swf files. Double click on the bat file. You can delete it when you're done.

Note that this requires that ffmpeg.exe be in the search path. Or you can specify the entire path to ffmpeg.exe in the batch file. If you don't understand what all this means -- just put a copy of ffmpeg.exe in the same folder as the batch file.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry flashandpan007, looks like we had both posted at the same time.

Jagabo, copy/paste both codes in post#28 into notepad?
    Quote Quote  
  6. No, only one. Use the following one, if you have all files in one folder:
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Code:
    for %%F in (*.swf) do (ffmpeg -y -i "%%F" -codec copy "%%~dpnF.remuxed.mp4")
    pause
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What about the SAVE AS TYPE, the default is .txt or should I save as ALL FILES option please?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Doesn't matter, if you type in .bat at the end of the filename.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Done, I am seeing the RemuxAll.bat file plus the ffmpeg.exe file in the folder with the swf files on the external drive .
    Quote Quote  
  10. Put the ffmpeg.exe, available here in the forum, in the same folder with copy and paste.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just double-clicked the bat file and seeing the cmd doing something
    Quote Quote  
  12. command line tools are perfect for doing the same thing for a very large number of files
    Just wait until it is finished, new files already showing up?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes new files are showing with the extension .mp4. This might take a long time I guess.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys, all looks well. Got 170 swf and 170 mp4 files in the folder and playing well it seems. Just one last question please, which is the best free video player you can recommend for these files?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah I too was thinking VLC would be the best option for these files for her, thanks.

Well guys, Sophya's exact words to describe you guys was "these guys are awesome". So I wish to thank you all very much for all of this help, I just said a prayer for you all, God bless you guys! Till next time, all the best, Mike and Sophya.
    Quote Quote  
  16. MPC-BE, you can also use Nightlies, these builds are rocksolid, I do also translation work for the project, see also the latest comment for MPC-BE
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, I guess she can try all 3 mentioned to see which one will work best for her.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys, I have similar situation here with swf files not playing after the data recovery. I tried copying the steps in this thread, please see attached pics and tell me what I am doing wrong?

I opened notepad and copied the code from post #36 above into it:

pause

saved it as RemuxAll.bat into the folder with the files. Put the ffmpeg.exe file in the folder. Renamed the extension of each swf file to .mp4 and double clicked the notepad file [RemuxAll.bat] which opens the cmd but when I hit any key the window dissapears.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	remux.png
Views:	200
Size:	182.3 KB
ID:	52719  

Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by mikehende View Post
    Renamed the extension of each swf file to .mp4
    That's your error. Do not rename the files. Leave them as .swf. The batch file remuxes each swf file into a new mp4 . If you rename the swf file to mp4 no swf files are found by the batch operation.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just tried with the swf files but getting error message?

Name:	swf.png
Views:	222
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	52721  

Quote Quote  
  21. Scroll the CMD window up so we can see the actual command line that was executed.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You mean like this?

Name:	cmd2.png
Views:	123
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	52723  

Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just for clarification, the only thing I am supposed to put into Notepad is this code below, right?. Aside from that I cannot see that I have done anything outside of the instructions

pause
    Quote Quote  
  24. Yes, the contents of your batch file is correct. And ffmpeg is getting the correct commands. It looks like ffmpeg is just having a problem reading your swf files. Do they play properly on your computer? Can you upload a small one for testing? (You may have to ZIP the swf file if you upload it here. I don't think the site accepts SWF files.)
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The files play in VLC meaning I can see the timer working as a normal file would and I can see the length of the file but blank screen, no video. The owner of the files said they are a slideshows of images. They are too large to upload here, maybe tomorrow I can upload to google drive or drop box, let me know which would work best please?
    Quote Quote  
  26. A MediaInfo report might reveal something different about your current files. I don't think ffmpeg deals with all types of swf content.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is what I am seeing when I import one of the files into Media info.

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 8.42.44 AM.png
Views:	201
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	52730  

Quote Quote  
  28. MediaInfo seems to think that video has a 213703469x1368039 frame size. I suspect that is confusing ffmpeg too. Maybe it's just a variation of swf that those programs don't understand.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, any idea then what I might try to get the files to show please?
    Quote Quote