VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search PM
    HI to everyone I have got a question I need to ask

how do you make a software portable right I use WinRAR to make my softwares portable so I don't have to install my softwares the same ones all the time I just run the portable ones and it is a lot easier aswell but I have come across a little problem and I need help with it I am trying to make theses softwares portable but for some reason I cant make them work I can make them portable but when I click on them they don't come up the softwares I want to make portable are Replay Media Catcher 7 and Replay Video Capture 7 and nero 2018 and I have bought theses softwares but for some reason they don't work when I add them to WinRAR it makes them portable but when I click on each one of theses they don't come up or what can happen is it might say there is a file missing but I know that you go on WinRAR and click add to archive and add all the files in the main folder where the softwares is installed onto I have tried firefox to make that portable and that works but for some reason this is what I thought of when the software has a driver or something like that I cant make it portable/to work at all cos it will say something like something is missing but something like a software that does not have a driver I can make it portable like firefox does not have a driver or any thing like that so I was able to make that software portable and it works but the softwares I want to make portable if they have a driver like nero 2018 has direct x and that is a driver and Replay Media Catcher 7 and Replay Video Capture 7 that has a dvr driver aswell I can make them portable but they don't work when I have made them portable they just dont come up at all I have found that any software that has a driver I cant get it to work as a portable one but any software that does not have a driver like Firefox that can be made portable and it will work so does anyone know of any way possible to make theses softwares portable nero 2018 and Replay Media Catcher 7 and Replay Video Capture 7 i know it can be done but how is there any softwares that will make theses portable and work
    Quote Quote  
  2. 432 words without one period(.) Your question is very hard to read without the proper punctuation.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search PM
    WinRAR does NOT make anything portable, it extracts the files within the installer.
    Some software will run in that fashion, some will NOT.
    Please learn to punctuate.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    And it's not only drivers that are required. Many programs require proper installation and write registry entries, working folders, temporary files etc. etc.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search PM
    gonca WinRAR does make softwares portable cos there are loads of youtube videos. showing how to do it but not all softwares will work with it. also you can extract iso files with it aswell

so does anyone know of any softwares that will make the softwares above portable has anyone found a way to do it like nero 2018 can that be made portable cos it does take ages to install

if I went to install nero 2018 on mycomputers it would take ages for me I have two computers and one laptop and I have got nero 2018 on one of them. so if I can make that portable then I

can use that on any computers or laptop and I did pay for it aswell so does any one know of any software that will make this portable and the other two softwares at the top of the 1st message.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    432 words without one period(.) Your question is very hard to read without the proper punctuation.
    Reminds me of that kid in some cartoon in the 90s. "I did this and then this and then he did this and then she did that and then I went to teacher and she said to do that and then..."
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote