VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. when i compile with DVD lab pro i get a receive virtual memory error and DVD lab aborts the project. how do i retrceive virtual memory?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Virtual Memory usually refers to space the program is using on the hard drive when it runs out of system RAM. That would be normal when your file size is larger than your RAM size.

Do you have sufficient space on your hard drive?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Virtual Memory exists as a temp file on the hard disk. When Windows runs out of physical memory, it pages the excess to temp files.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    a) fill in your computer details so we can what you have

b) if you are getting these messages, convert the project to a mega project and see if that helps
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by guns1inger
    a) fill in your computer details so we can what you have

i dont know where the to find the info but i do know its
    (if u can tell me where to find the info, i will post more :])
    35 gig
    dell

i got 15 free gigs
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    b) if you are getting these messages, convert the project to a mega project and see if that helps
    is that in DVD Lab PRO?

Originally Posted by edDV
    Virtual Memory exists as a temp file on the hard disk. When Windows runs out of physical memory, it pages the excess to temp files.

im compiling a 6 gig project and it didnt work, then i cut it to 1 gig to see if that was the problem and it didnt work, so im clueless lol :[ could it be unknown programs running?if so where do i turned them off?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Mega projects are a DLP2 feature. You should set your project to be a Mega Project at the outset, but I also thought you could set it afterwards. Let me look into that.

In the meantime, under the Project menus is a Free Memory option that might help you compile.

How much ram do you have in your system ? Hint : Right-click on My Computer and select Properties. The answer is on the first tab.

Edit : Looking at the wrong version of DLP (I still have DLP 1.53 on my machine, as well as DLP2.x). Under the Project menu is Mega Projects, and within this, Set to Mega Project. This is generally used if you have a lot of menus, and uses a disc cache instead of RAM.

The other option that seems to help in some large projects is to do your editing, save the project, then exit DLP. Start it up again, load the project and compile immediately.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In DVDLab Pro there is option that you can free up memory. try that option
    it may be help you to solve the problem
    Quote Quote