VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,

I will be running a GC573 CC on my machine and may extend this to two CCs in the future. The min spec graphics card as per their website is a geforce 1060. Will I need a better card than this if I run two at a later date? If so, I would rather just get it now rather than buy the 1060 and realise it is not up to the job later on. Grateful if someone would confirm it is adequate for 2x cards and, if not, make a card suggestion.

Many thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use to run a geforce 1050ti with live gamer hd 2 its same as the card you posted but mine is up to 1080p. Are you planning to do 4k captures or streaming with the card you posted? If your not you could always get the live gamer hd 2 and this way you won't need to upgrade your card to use it. I did upgrade my card to a geforce 1660 super for more cuda cores. The cared you posted does 4k and 1080p.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for your comment.

At the moment the plan is to have one 2650 monitor only using the single live gamer 4k card. I will purchase another 2650 monitor and additional live gamer 4k card in the future so I can capture 2 monitors. Will the one graphics card be powerful enough to support the two capture cards? I feel like most of the processing has to be done in the live gamer card itself, rather than the graphics card. I think this may be the case as the live gamer cards are quite big themselves, almost like a small graphics card.

In the future I may upgrade the monitors to 4k, but this is a while down the line and support for 4k is a nice to have rather than something I actually need right now. What I need is support for 2 2650 monitors and I am hoping one midrange graphics card will do this. I don't know much about capturing or graphics cards. Do you know anyone that has captured two monitors with success?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Avermedia 4k card uses gpu card to process videos It does for me I never seen my card with my gpu use go very high with my card. It uses very little from the card. Now in avermedia 4k is different it could use alot of power like the site said min is 1060 there is different profiles with the software now if you would to use like highest quality it probably will use the gpu alot. The cpu is being used only for preview. The gpu does everything else. i can't really say how 4k is and how much gpu really power uses i don't have 4k in my house. If your not sure you can email them they there very nice and they will explain this better if your not sure. I do know 4k does need a lot of power to work with.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks.

I have emailed them.

My plan is to use the two capture cards to capture dual monitors of a headless (monitors don't exist) computer. I will then be able to essentially use either of my 2 pcs on the one PC/desk/one set of dual monitors I have. I will do this for the headless pc by just maximising the previews on each monitor, so it will be like using the same computer on the same desk, but in actual fact I will be using my second computer.

My question is, if I only plan to use the previews and do not plan to do any recording or anything like that, I may be able to get away with a low power graphics card option? I see you said the processor is what deals with the preview in your post. I will have a 3800XT Ryzen if that helps.

Thanks for your help.
    Quote Quote