VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello.

I have a project that is a concert recording, first set is audio only the second is video, both have audio in different sample rate and bitdepth.

How can I author a Blu-Ray Audio compliant image where the first Title is the audio concert chaptered and the second title is the video concert chaptered? Or perhaps i should put black background to the first portion and encode it as video?

Bonus question, how can i do that in HEVC so that I can keep the 25p without treating it as PsF?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Normal Bluray doesn"t use/support HEVC (H265). Only 4KBluray does, and there is still no legit consumer authoring toolset for that.

Black,or better yet, still image with cover graphics or lyrics are good accompaniment for audio-only segments. And they don't use hardly any bitrate, so they do help with audio-video compatibility between titles while not really adding to bitbudget.

If you are setting authoring up using multiple titles, differences in samplerate & framerate don't matter. If set up all as part of a single title, they do matter. So it depends on what authoring options are available to you.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Actually the specifications allow progressive frame rate for both PAL and NTSC in 1080p in the HEVC extension.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray#Video
    I can suffer using the non-legit.

Yeah, I thought of the cover art after i wrote the post.

The titles will have different audio track bit depth and sampel rate, this is why I'd preffer to keep tem as separate titles to keep the native parameters.

Available options depend on recommended software.

I can aquire legit consumer-grade software, but i'd think twice before paying for Scenarist...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by SF01 View Post
    Actually the specifications allow progressive frame rate for both PAL and NTSC in 1080p in the HEVC extension.
    No

Look at footnote "a"

HEVC is only valid for UHD BD only. Not BD.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Originally Posted by SF01 View Post
    Actually the specifications allow progressive frame rate for both PAL and NTSC in 1080p in the HEVC extension.
    No

Look at footnote "a"

HEVC is only valid for UHD BD only. Not BD.
    "UltraHD Blu-ray with HEVC video compression standard" this is exactly what i want to do. 25p 1920x1080 UHD HEVC BD image.
    Quote Quote  
  6. HEVC with UHD BD media, UHD BD player ? There aren't any besides scenarist that can do this properly

You can try TSM2UHD or newer TSMuxer versions, but they have some issues on some players
    Quote Quote  
  7. Exactly yes.

TSM then it is.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Bludisc studio UHD and Indigo Ultra also do uhdbd, but like Scenarist are also $$$.

That's why I said what I said in my post above - that is for 4k (uhd) bluray only.

If you want to try pdr's suggestion or use dvdfab's tool (neither of which can be considered a true authoring tool, btw), have at it. But if it doesn't meet your expectations, you are out of luck & on your own.

Scott
    Quote Quote