VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm using XviD4PSP v5 to convert a couple of videos from WMV to AVI. For the format, do I choose AVI or AVI Hardware? What the difference?
    For the video encoding there are dozens of XviD listings. Which one will be best to simply convert my video to AVI?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Thanks for these very helpful instructions that allowed me to convert MKV to MP4 for my PS3 using Avidemux.

Just to clarify that you need to select the MPEG-4 AVC codec in the Video drop-down in Avidemux. This is the x264 / h264 codec specified in the instructions. This wasn't obvious to a newcomer to video conversion like me!
    Quote Quote  
  3. thx for the great tutorial!

i have 1 slight problem, u see. i've been using avidemux, and it turned out that i can hardsubbed it, but the quality is a bit lowered...
    so i try using xvid4psp version 5, and when i insert the sub, the program would freeze... it only happened when the video i want to subbed have the audio embedded in it... i try the the non-audio format one, it worked miraculously...

i just don't understand the problem with embedded audio, it just keep my xvid4psp freezed...
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    In avidemux change the video codec settings like use mpeg4 avc/h264 and increase the video bitrate /quantizer settings to get better quality.

For xvid4psp try install ffdshow if haven't done that already.
    Quote Quote  
  5. @baldrick: w/ avidemux, i'll immediately try ur setting right away... :-3

w/ xvid4psp, i have installed it properly before, but is there any possibility that could freezed the program except 'cause of ffdshow?

btw, the video i want to subbed have audio format aac and flac
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    I've installed avidemux and followed all the steps, but when it comes to adding the subtitles, I click on the filters, then subtitles and then it's just a blank space. There's no option for me to choose from and thus I cannot load the srt file
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Latest avidemux has removed the subtitle filters. You must use an older version, latest 2.5.6 http://avidemux.razorbyte.com.au/
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hi, I have a question. I've installed xvid4psp many months ago and used usually without any problem. I've used it for hardsubbing .mkv files to .mp4 ps3 compatible files. But now I'm facing problems. So far when I've loading Mkv files, xvid4psp automatically recognize the subtitle track and I just needed to click on encode button for hardsub the file. I don't know why but now It doesn't recognize subtitles anymore. I have to extract the subtitles and load the subtitles using the appropriate option. What can I do to make them recognize automatically again?
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe try reinstall haali media splitter.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Yes, you're a genious! It works! Thank you again
    Quote Quote  
  11. I have a problem with converting H.264 file in format mp4 to XvID avi, whoch cn be handled by my DVD player.
    I installed XviD4PSP (but without ffdshow and avisynth) and converted file Autómata.2014.1080p.BluRay.x264.YIFY with settings like on the screenshot. Image
    [Attachment 28536 - Click to enlarge]

But results are not satisfied.
    Output file is "very small" - 182 MB, and after 2 minutes there are problems with sound. Here you can download it - https://www.sendspace.com/file/dzgats

I also tried to convert it by providing file size same as input file, but then output file size was about 320 MB.
    Is there any option to have bigger file as result?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me fix a stupid mistake I made.

I have just spend hours editing an file (avc1 inside mkv) but when saving with avidemux (direct stream copy mode), I accidentally left the output format on the default avi container setting, istead of changing it to mkv muxer.
    I have since closed the avidemux editor.

The resulting output file (presumably avc1 inside a broken avi container??) can nolonger be edited in avidemux, and does not play in mediaplayer'/splayer etc. Only vlc will grundignly let me look at it but ffw etc won't work.

Is there any way to 'convert' my hard work/output file back into a correct mkv container?

- I've tried loading the broken file back into avidemux but that wont' work.
    - I've tried all sorts of container converters but they all mess up the framerate etc.

(As a test I did a quick edit of the original file and saved it with the correct output format (mkv demuxer) and then the resulting file will work. so the problem really is me chosing the wrong output muxer for the direct stream copy setting)
    Quote Quote