VideoHelp Forum

Poll: What do you use for e-mail?

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I use my local isp email with thunderbird as the email client,once in a while i'll use gmail if i'm not getting any incoming mail from a certain source.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yahoooooooooo!

I've used it since 2000 or so - maybe even earlier......

I have a msn account (hotmail to be precise) for my xbox live membership but I hardly use it otherwise.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I have two main accounts. A gmail account and an email account associated with my website. I use gmail to access them both. It's very convenient to be able to receive and send emails for both accounts through one interface.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i have 23 current email accounts. web, isp, and for sites i run. they all accessed by thunderbird.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Outlook
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I use Pocomail with a dedicated email server on my ISP. Been using it for many years and no complaints. I also use Yahoo occasionally for spam addresses. JMO, but with web email, you put yourself at a lot of risk, and they may sell off the information they gather from you.
    Quote Quote  
  7. My ISP

What's also important is your Email reader. I use Agent, it takes my email & stores it on my computer. I have ten years of email that I sent stored on it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have about 15 years of email in my Eudora mailboxes, accessed by POP.

I've been through several work mail accounts (I kept copies... was useful when there was a dispute) and several personal ones.
    Currently Yahoo, but I'm getting pretty sick of them.
    Despite paying a premium for 10 years it's absolutely impossible to get any customer service from them. No queries are ever answered by a human being. So I'll probably downgrade that to a free account and possibly go to GMail, which has all the features I need for free (probably no better for customer service though).

I keep intending to set up my own domain and mail, maybe this will be the year for that.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Primarily Thunderbird to access the email associated to my web page. I have a gmail account so that when away I can access the email through it plus to use as virtual archiving services for emails and files and a Yahoo account for any email from a throw-away place (ie. I need to provide an email address for some reason and I don't want to).
    "You can observe a lot by watching." - Yogi Bera
    http://www.areturningadultstudent.com
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Work - Outlook.
    Home - Multiple Accounts via Thunderbird
    There are many ways to measure success. You just have to find your own yardstick.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Outlook 2010
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    web mail

haven't used a client since 2001-2002
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Gmail because it's synced with my Android smartphone......ISP email via MS Outlook that I use for FleaBay (Ebay).....Hotmail for all my other needs....
    Quote Quote