VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I need your expert advice on this:

I have been recording movies off satellite and burning each movie onto a separate DVD-Video disc. All of them are 'just play the movie' type, no menu whatsoever.

I would like to know, if I buy a Blue-ray Player and burner in future, is there a way I can put many DVD movies onto a Blue-ray disc with menu to choose each movie to play? (Similar to putting several VCDs on a DVD disc with menu to choose each VCD movie, without re-encoding)

My intention is to save shelf-space. So instead of having 4-5 DVD discs, I can mantain just 1 Blue-ray disc with the same DVD quality.

I am looking for a FREEWARE solution that doesn't re-encode from the MPEG-2 DVD format. Just authoring is fine but no re-encoding.

Is this possible, if yes, how it can be done? Is DVD-Video compatible (or within) Blue-ray specification? Will ALL Blue-ray players play these discs without issues?

I know this question was asked in some forum posts in the past but that was as far back as 2009. So wondering if anything new has come-up currently.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    multiAVCHD will do it with beautiful menus.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by JimmyJoeBob View Post
    multiAVCHD will do it with beautiful menus.
    Ok thanks. Will it re-encode?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MultiAVCHD is good, But it hasn't been updated in a long time, I too was wondering if there is any new or updated software to use to do what your doing nharikrishna?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Would like freeware or paid software.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tarzan54 View Post
    MultiAVCHD is good, But it hasn't been updated in a long time, I too was wondering if there is any new or updated software to use to do what your doing nharikrishna?
    I've had good luck with Adobe Encore, i here Avid Studio is good as well.
    Murphy's law taught me everything I know.
    Quote Quote