VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Im copying my DVD collection to protect my originals, but some of the older ones do not have either a Play All option, or they just don't play all automatically.
    First of all, which program would be best for reauthoring and keeping the DVD as original as possible? I want all the OG menus, but just want to add that command.
    Ive got DVD Studio Pro, Nero, DVD Shrink, and RemakePro ready.
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Keeping the menus makes it more difficult, however as you have DVD Shrink in your arsenal you can simply make a disc that starts straight away and plays all the way through by putting all of the individual titles into the new compilation window. You can still go to individual titles if you so wish by the remote on your DVD player, so while it's not as pretty as keeping the menus would be, it's certainly quick.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    To have a "Play All" button, you need it to link to a play list which details what is to play, and in what order. Play lists, to my knowledge, can only be created when authoring.

Therefore, I'd say that you need an authoring tool that will accept your VOBs - menus and all - and then re-author identically, but with the a play list that an added "Play All" button can link to.

I've never done it, but I'd be surprised if DVDLab Pro can't do it.
    There is some corner of a foreign field that is forever England: Telstra Stadium, Sydney, 22/11/2003.

Carpe diem.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.
    Quote Quote