VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, so, basically, I've got a DVD player (more specifically a Bluesky DV900) and it worked perfectly until now. It's stuck in place and it will not open, and now I have it stuck with a DVD in it (The DVD in question being the Galinha Pintadinha e sua turma DVD for any curious lads out there).

Is there any way to fix this issue without having to open up the DVD player?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Unplug.
    Push and HOLD the eject button. Plug back in while still holding. (You may need to also press power on here, but maybe not).
    Wait...disc should autoeject.

If it doesn't, you will have to take off the lid/covering of the player to fiddle with the stuck disc.
    Done.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. I just tried the unplugging and holding the eject button. It didn't work, sadly.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Isn't there a tiny hole somewhere on the front where you can stick in an unbent paperclip or whatever that mechanically forces the tray to open?
    Lenovo ThinkStation P520, Xeon W2135; Win10Pro x64, 64Gb RAM; RadeonPro WX7100W; NEC PA301W, NEC PA272W, and Eizo MX270W.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jgg View Post
    Isn't there a tiny hole somewhere on the front where you can stick in an unbent paperclip or whatever that mechanically forces the tray to open?
    I don't see any, but if you know where it could be, it would be really helpful. If not, well, I'm probably screwed unless someone actually knows about this.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by JellyTheYTPer View Post
    Hello, so, basically, I've got a DVD player (more specifically a Bluesky DV900) and it worked perfectly until now. It's stuck in place and it will not open, and now I have it stuck with a DVD in it (The DVD in question being the Galinha Pintadinha e sua turma DVD for any curious lads out there).

Hi, it has happend to me several times this allso, with computer cd/dvd's and allso normal stationary, it seem to be helping with most of them to take some sort of tool (an screewdriver or similar) that sometimes they just need an lil bit of boost to help the "engine" to open it, theyre real weak ones so they break easily or for some reason it get stuck and keep working after helping it a lil bit!

It might just aswel break completely by doing this but it have fixed things for me several times when ive tested most things and decided its either broken and im getting an new one or im trying this hoping for the best!

Ellse as someone said which you might want the try first is some sort of function which the "repair" people use during services and such things that can be built into it! if it is an DVD connected to the pc there are programs which can open dvd trays that can sometimes get it working!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jgg View Post
    I don't see any, but if you know where it could be, it would be really helpful. If not, well, I'm probably screwed unless someone actually knows about this.
    That is really only applicable to pc-based drives, not settop players, such as the OP has.

Time to open it up. If you do it correctly & carefully, it won't ruin anything and you should be able to put it back together with no harm done and only a little bit of time wasted.

Scott

<Edit> Do NOT attempt prying open the tray such as Swedaniel is suggesting!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Swedaniel View Post
    Hello, so, basically, I've got a DVD player (more specifically a Bluesky DV900) and it worked perfectly until now. It's stuck in place and it will not open, and now I have it stuck with a DVD in it (The DVD in question being the Galinha Pintadinha e sua turma DVD for any curious lads out there).

Hi, it has happend to me several times this allso, with computer cd/dvd's and allso normal stationary, it seem to be helping with most of them to take some sort of tool (an screewdriver or similar) that sometimes they just need an lil bit of boost to help the "engine" to open it, theyre real weak ones so they break easily or for some reason it get stuck and keep working after helping it a lil bit!

It might just aswel break completely by doing this but it have fixed things for me several times when ive tested most things and decided its either broken and im getting an new one or im trying this hoping for the best!

Ellse as someone said which you might want the try first is some sort of function which the "repair" people use during services and such things that can be built into it! if it is an DVD connected to the pc there are programs which can open dvd trays that can sometimes get it working!
    I forgot to mention, it is important allso to try open it with power in it and use the "open" function to start the engine thing and then just carefully use the tool to give it some extra help to fix the engine thats either stuck somehow or sort of starting to break so it is getting "weaker".. just be carefull those front parts of plastic can break very easily! ive done it probably 50 times with 10 different type of devices, only one time it was broken completely, but the disk needed to come out so it was just to break it open completely into parts (Since i had no warranty for the dvd drive. If there is warranty for it you might get an new one, maybe not so good to use screwdrivers then).
    Last edited by Swedaniel; 6th Feb 2024 at 03:13.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    have you tried the eject button on the remote ??
    Last edited by october262; 6th Feb 2024 at 03:05.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    have you tried the eject button on the remote ??
    Yes, it did NOT work.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    That is really only applicable to pc-based drives, not settop players, such as the OP has.

Time to open it up. If you do it correctly & carefully, it won't ruin anything and you should be able to put it back together with no harm done and only a little bit of time wasted.

Scott

<Edit> Do NOT attempt prying open the tray such as Swedaniel is suggesting!
    It sucks that the DVD player HAS to be opened for this. But, I guess there's no real option.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Nevermind, I just had to move the tray a bit and then it opened and closed again like normal. I'm kinda stupid lmao
    Quote Quote