VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Thread
  1. OK, got it to work by updating onboard sound drivers, same thing, sounds like a bowl or rice crispies, I'm screwed, may the VIA people burn in hell and die of genital warts
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Fozzee
    Originally Posted by Nelson37
    OK, now we are getting somewhere.

Have you tried a completely different audio source AND cable? Like a portable CD player, combined with Video Only input from your regular source?
    OH MY GOD

I'm sure I tried this before BUT......
    I just captured from my satellitte TV and used my DVD player as the sound source. I put in a old CD (Whitney Houston - NO COMMENTS!!)

It is crystal clear!!!!!!

Now I have to figure out what is going on with my DIGITAL satellite tv signal.
    It sounds fine during capture. But obviously something is wrong with the signal off to try a booster.

BTW this is with my Soundblaster live in the machine!!

I'm sure I tried this earlier!!

Maybe I used a crappy CD??

Oh well here goes........

Fozzee

bbb it was more this post i was referring too.
    Reference PowerVCR2 yes I can run it without the patch.
    Only thing is the patch regulated the sound.
    Without it I have to make sure my recording slider isn't too high otherwise I get distortion.

Fozzee
    Quote Quote  
  3. thebach,

It sounds like you just finished Step 5 of your troubleshooting guide. Remember not to skip anything (start at the beginning and proceed through the steps to the end). You have 5 more steps to go.

--------

Fozzee,

Let me get this straight:

- If you use your satellite receiver as your video source and your Whitney Houston CD (in your dvd player) as you audio source, your capture is good with no audio or video distortion (using your SoundBlaster Live). Is this right?

Do you mean that if you setup your system as described above, it sounds fine? But, if you set up your video AND audio source from the satellite receiver, you get sound distortions?

- Can you clarify what you mean by:
    "It sounds fine during capture. But obviously something is wrong with the signal off to try a booster."

Do you mean that you used a booster? Or do you mean that you want to try a booster? Booster = audio amplifier?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Fozzee - I found a booster helped my signal, but I did not have your type of distortion.

Your experience, and bbb's post, are an excellent example of the type of Isolate and Identify procedures which will often solve difficult problems, or at least point the way to a solution, as oppossed to just assuming where the problem lies.

Often the replacing of hardware only incidently solves the problem by forcing a re-install of cards, drivers, and connections, thereby masking what the true problem actually was.
    Quote Quote  
  5. No, I've done every one of those steps and a lot more. I'm screwed it looks like
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes I meant .......

Audio Source = cd playing in DVD player
    Video Source = Cable TV

= Sound is fine with SB live

I tried a signal amplifier (booster) for the cable TV but still got crackley audio capture.

But with the Fortissimo III in the machine audio capture is fine.

So either the imperfections in the signal are being picked up by the SB Live card or there is something wrong with my digital cable reception.

I would just say ok the Fortissimo works so leave it at that.
    But PowerVCR2 won't work properly with it.

Gonna try a Philips Seismic Edge 5.1 in the next few days.

Bye for now

Fozzee

By the way are we going for a post record with this thread??
    Quote Quote  
  7. I just solved my VIA nightmare, I ordered a new motherboard
    Quote Quote  
  8. While I did not have any audio problems, I did have a major frame-loss problem. This was solved with installing the VIA 4in1 drivers as well as the PCI Latency patch.
    What's more, I had to uninstall the NIMO Codec Pack, and reinstall HuffyUV ver 2.1.1.
    Now I can capture with very little frame loss and perfect a/v sync.
    Now for the spec:
    MSI MS-6309 Mainboard
    Via Apollo Pro 133T chipset
    Intel Pentium III 866Mhz
    40 GB Maxtor IDE HDD
    60 GB WD IDE HDD
    AOpen AW-850 5.1 Channel Sound Card
    ATI AIW128Pro PCI Capture Card
    WindowsXP Home Edition
    Quote Quote