VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    So far I have Surfshark, which it detects, and Privado, which it very recently got onto as well.
    Do any of the big names (nord, express etc.) work with STV or are they all busted?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try it without a VPN. Whilst I live in the UK so I cannot test this out, I have colleagues in USA who tell me they have problems with STV/VPNs but it works fine without a VPN.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by deccavox View Post
    Try it without a VPN. Whilst I live in the UK so I cannot test this out, I have colleagues in USA who tell me they have problems with STV/VPNs but it works fine without a VPN.
    doesn't work
    the error I get on their site is "Oops. Something went wrong!" which I'm guessing is a catch-all error type
    but when I follow the requests through http toolkit the content distribution app or server or whatever that they're using to actually stream the videos from a server returns a wrong country error
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    As much as it pains me to promote the arch copyist TPD94, he seems to have found something, (which he now claims as his own, of course), that might be of use: a key getter that uses a country proxy to get your keys.

https://cdm-project.com/Decryption-Tools/AHole-Keys
    You specify the country code you need to appear to be in..

It uses pywidevine and your own WideVine Descriptor (wvd) pointing to your cdm's location. You may need to install pywidevine if you have been using WKS-KEYS
    Code:
    pip install pywidevine
    pip update protobuf=>4.22.1
    Then if you ever run WKS-KEYS it will complain the protobuf is compiled for the wrong version and stop! See here https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/409040-Correcting-Protobuf-Downgrade-to-3-19-0-error#post2684955

To create a WideVine Descriptor (wvd) of your cdm's whereabouts
    Code:
    pywidevine create-device -k "patch to device_private_key" -c "path to device_client_id_blob" -t "Android_Generic" -l 3 -o "path to save name.wvd"
    There is a place to put the wvd save path in aholes_keys.py downloaded from cdm-project

That will get you the keys but you still have a problem of downloading ...

EDIT: Just tested using a Spanish proxy and I still get the keys from STV- looks like they accept anyone on the keyserver so probably little use for OP
    Last edited by A_n_g_e_l_a; 24th Mar 2023 at 08:38.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @ampersand dns4me.net will let you download shows from STV but not the encrypted ones though. To play videos (grab subs etc) I use Opera and the free WindScribe VPN plugin connected to London Crumpet.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by A_n_g_e_l_a View Post
    As much as it pains me to promote the arch copyist TPD94, he seems to have found something, (which he now claims as his own, of course), that might be of use: a key getter that uses a country proxy to get your keys.
    I can get the keys using Surfshark, but I can't get the mpd/license etc. because the videos don't play.
    My STV downloading procedure so far was: run Privado (free mode, 10 GB per month), start my stva.py script with 3-4-5 video links as input and get the info I need for each link (filename, mpd, license), turn off Privado, run Surfshark and input the data I got into my stvb.py script which takes care of the actual downloading, decrypting, merging etc.
    Irritating but it worked, and now they must've figured out Privado's proxies or whatever and I'm geoblocked again.

Originally Posted by sipho View Post
    @ampersand dns4me.net will let you download shows from STV but not the encrypted ones though. To play videos (grab subs etc) I use Opera and the free WindScribe VPN plugin connected to London Crumpet.
    I'll check it out, maybe I can figure out something like I did with privado - get links with this dns4me (or Unlocker, I think it works with DNS too) and then get the files themselves with Surfshark.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    I will be trying a pretty ludicrous idea: I've entered a free 30 day trial of a webhosting service and selected one of their UK servers. They have the feature of uploading a nodejs script which then runs on the server. Unfortunately you obviously can't use any frameworks or npm modules so I'm writing a pure node server which can take links as input, get the info (mpd, license, title) from stv and brightcove and return it to whatever api called it. I don't know if it will work but I don't see any other solution except shelling out for another VPN which might not even work...
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by ampersand View Post
    I will be trying a pretty ludicrous idea: I've entered a free 30 day trial of a webhosting service and selected one of their UK servers. They have the feature of uploading a nodejs script which then runs on the server. Unfortunately you obviously can't use any frameworks or npm modules so I'm writing a pure node server which can take links as input, get the info (mpd, license, title) from stv and brightcove and return it to whatever api called it. I don't know if it will work but I don't see any other solution except shelling out for another VPN which might not even work...
    Great idea. Will be interested in your future post on the topic!
    Quote Quote  
  9. No need for any of that.

Sign up for Windscribe, use 'ABGOOSHT' as voucher and confirm an email to get 30GB per month for free.

It works for every UK service out there, but also for most other countries. You might need the paid version to get it working on top services, but for anything below tier 1 it's a beast.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by ampersand View Post
    Bro just use SmartDNS. They have a 14 day 'no card needed' trial atm. There are other companies that offer the same thing such as unlocator and some VPN providers such as NordVPN offer it

Unblock any site in any country, everytime.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Do not send me DM's
    Search Comp PM
    STV works with
    Windscribe and Controld (same company two very different approaches)
    VPNUnlimited
    Getflix DNS and Getflix VPN
    NordVPN (although the changes to their network for global mesh are causing degradation of service)
    ZoogVPn
    Proton
    Lantern
    And my favorite (wonder why) Mysterium VPN
    Or do you want to use a ZTNA?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Windscribe works! Well, thank god for that, I really wasn't looking forward to messing around with this server etc.
    Edit: BTW, I tried Zoog last night and it didn't work.
    Edit2: thanks to everyone for the help.
    Last edited by ampersand; 25th Mar 2023 at 11:53.
    Quote Quote