VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I haven't gone through my event viewer in a while, so I checked it a few minutes ago. I have a bunch of these (red) error messages.

-------------------------------
    Service Control Manager
    Event ID 7000
    Description:
    The asapiW2k service failed to start due to the following error:
    The system cannot find the file specified.
    -------------------------------

Searched google and came up with 2 hits one in Japenese and one in Italian I think.

Searched MS Technet and came up empty with "asapiW2k"

Everything seems to be working without any problems
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  2. "If it ain't broken, don't fix it"

I can't find anything other than the JAP and IT results either...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't have that service running, whatever it is. No listing of it all on my machine.
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
  4. never heard of it. There is a site with many (all?) service descriptions on it. www.blkviper.com the site doesn't have that service listed either, but maybe you could email him and ask him
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thought it was related to EZCD5, so I thought I would uninstall it.....

Went to get the full instructions on how to do a clean unistall
    Followed the directions
    After uninstalling EZCD5, kept getting a BSOD telling me my drive is not accessible after every reboot
    I just got done doing a complete backup from (6)CDs
    Before I did the backup(ghost) I did a new install of the OS and copied all my files to another HDD, That way I wouldn't loose all my data. I have to reinstall a ton of programs.
    YIKES!!

Should of listened to ya...Ain't broke, don't fix it!!!
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    From experience, I can advise you to get something like Norton to monitor and record all your installs.

I uninstalled a few programs a while back, and got tired of clickin yes to "Indicates that this file is not in use by any other program, etc, etc, so finally clicked "Yes to all."

Big mistake, wiped dlls and stuff some other progs, Win included, needed a full install, all apps.
    Quote Quote