VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi hi hi . . I'm looking for any good english or french subtitles for this series of film by J.L.Godard : '' Histoire(s) du cinema " . for more informations you can see here :
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histoire(s)_du_cin%C3%A9ma

I many try by searching on WEB , but i cant find any admirable subtitle . But I need it . I am in my work to transtation this films, from french to persian .
    Last edited by saeiddieas; 11th Jun 2014 at 10:58.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Hi hi hi. . I am looking for a french subtitles for this film series.'' Histoire (s) of cinema "by JLGodard I'm looking all over the internet but I found nothing .. I do not mind the Persian translation But I 'have only one English subtitles it really is not funny poorriez you help me please Hi hi hi .. I'm looking for a french subtitles for this series film'' History (s) of cinema "by JLGodard'm looking all over the internet but I found nothing. . I am willing to translate it into Persian. But I have only one English subtitles it really is not funny! Can you help me please?
    saeiddieas, in the future please post in English as that is the common language on our site. I used Google translate. saeiddieas, à l'avenir s'il vous plaît envoyer en anglais car c'est la langue commune sur notre site. J'ai utilisé Google translate.

Thanks,
    Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by redwudz View Post
    Hi hi hi. . I am looking for a french subtitles for this film series.'' Histoire (s) of cinema "by JLGodard I'm looking all over the internet but I found nothing .. I do not mind the Persian translation But I 'have only one English subtitles it really is not funny poorriez you help me please Hi hi hi .. I'm looking for a french subtitles for this series film'' History (s) of cinema "by JLGodard'm looking all over the internet but I found nothing. . I am willing to translate it into Persian. But I have only one English subtitles it really is not funny! Can you help me please?
    saeiddieas, in the future please post in English as that is the common language on our site. I used Google translate. saeiddieas, à l'avenir s'il vous plaît envoyer en anglais car c'est la langue commune sur notre site. J'ai utilisé Google translate.

Thanks,
    Moderator redwudz
    OK . of course! I will change it . tnx
    Last edited by saeiddieas; 11th Jun 2014 at 10:58.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You can always buy the DVD. Amazon.fr has it. It's not cheap though - over 60 Euros. It has English subtitles.

It's possible that nobody who owns the film has bothered to rip the subtitles and make them available on various subtitle websites. But if this is critical to you, you do have the option of buying it and ripping them yourself. It's not like the subtitles do not exist. If you want to do the translation badly enough, maybe you need to consider buying it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A copy is for sale on UK Amazon somewhat cheaper than 60 euros. But beware. The French version is PAL and that does cost some 60 euros since the dvd is long OOP. The cheaper,newer version (I expect identical content) is NTSC.

But from what I read, and Godard is 'difficult' at the best of times, the subtitles do not cover all the spoken dialogue. It may be easier to transcribe it yourself.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you checked this version of the subtitles?
    http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtitles/3310978/histoire-s-du-cinema-toutes-les-histoires-en

PS: I could send you the srt file if you have any problems but it is probably against the rules to post it here. It is only 12K
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    Have you checked this version of the subtitles?

[snip]

PS: I could send you the srt file if you have any problems but it is probably against the rules to post it here. It is only 12K
    Is not providing the full link exactly the same ?

I had thought that discussing obtaining material from media you do not own was against forum rules anyway but since it was a mod that provided the first reply.........
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Linking to subtitles is okey as long as you own the dvd/bd....even though it's also a copyright violation to share/host ripped subtitles.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!