VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there a software/hardware that can convert or descramble Satalite feeds after capturing raw signal through a TV card? Do any of the Satalite manufactures (Direct TV / Dishnet....) have this product for the PC?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I capture from DTV all the time with my cheap old tvwonder. DTV is a pretty noisy source so you will need to clean up the clip before encoding with your choice of software.you dont need any special software to convert your sat capture and it should already be descrambled by your reciever. tmpgenc and virtualdub works great.

Do any of the Satalite manufactures (Direct TV / Dishnet....) have this product for the PC?
    i dont think any sat provider makes a capture card that will descramble thier signal.. why would they..Just hook your reciever up to your tvcard.

There are no capture cards that will descramble the sat feed. That is done by the reciever only. i hope i answered your question
    Quote Quote  
  3. There are no and probably won't be any legal provided cards for the computer that can receive the sat tv signal.

They Don't want to get in trouble with their providers.

And of course since it would have to be a complete receiver on a pci card that provided a slot for the smart card that controls access to channels, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Of course a PVR and a Canopus ADVC-100 works very well to capture a show.

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks, I have a reciever in my other room but not in the computer room. I will run another coax line from the reciever to my PC and change the channels on the reciever in the other room. I was hoping that some software could descramble the raw signal but it looks like it's an OEM hardware only solution.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Depends, which company you get your sat feed from their are solution for many of their pvrs, for example their is a guide on here for european DVB PVR.

More details please.
    Cheers
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I use the Video/Sound out connections on my TV for capture my DTV signal. No converter needed. You could also use the video out on the receiver. Of course you still have to walk in the other room to switch channels, but you probably already have in mind what you want to capture and wouldn't be changing the channels anyway?
    "No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms." - THOMAS JEFFERSON .. 1776
    Quote Quote