VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13
FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Thread
  1. Turning a Rasberry Pi into a media sever with Plex:

https://youtu.be/5wzSbqQgRS0

I am practically drooling over that great price he paid for that 8 TB hard drive. When he says "as long as Raspberry Pi is online" when it comes to Plex the various devices can connect to it. So does that mean the internet has to be running; you can't just the router stream it around? I would rather be offline and streaming. Though I have to learn all these things because as much as I want to have a media server and a raspberry pi and the list goes on; I have other things that come before these luxuries.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Tom Saurus View Post
    When he says "as long as Raspberry Pi is online" when it comes to Plex the various devices can connect to it. So does that mean the internet has to be running; you can't just the router stream it around?
    I don't know about using Plex. But this is one reason I prefer to use a dumb file server. The server just shares files across the LAN -- it doesn't know or care what they are. It's up to the clients to know what to do with them. No internet access needed.
    Last edited by jagabo; 18th Dec 2020 at 10:13.
    Quote Quote  
  3. jagabo: Thank you for your input. Thank you to you and all the other posters here at VideoHelp who give advice and share their knowledge the whole year round. Seasons Greetings and know that a whole lot of people including myself are thankful and grateful for all that we learn here.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by Tom Saurus View Post
    When he says "as long as Raspberry Pi is online" when it comes to Plex the various devices can connect to it. So does that mean the internet has to be running; you can't just the router stream it around?
    I don't know about using Plex. But this is one reason I prefer to use a dumb file server. The server just shares files across the LAN -- it doesn't know or care what they are. It's up to the clients to know what to do with them. No internet access needed.
    But you'd still need to have a computer (or NAS) running 24/7, something I have avoided doing, and not because of the cost of electricity. Even what passes for Enterprise class HDDs these days won't keep running indefinitely under that regime. My router is always ON though, of course. In these parts, where power is under threat of being cut by the utility when high winds / high fire danger periods occur, or during parts of the summer when the grid is being stressed, the utility likes to keep advising us to unplug everything that is not absolutely essential. Yeah, well -- "F" that ! It's just not practical -- or even particularly smart -- in the so tech-dependent world we live in.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    But you'd still need to have a computer (or NAS) running 24/7, something I have avoided doing, and not because of the cost of electricity. Even what passes for Enterprise class HDDs these days won't keep running indefinitely under that regime.
    I just replaced a 2TB Seagate drive in my file server that runs 24/7.
    I write the date on the drive at the moment I install it and it goes into service...the date on this one was September 2011.
    I was having problems mounting the drive on about half of the boots, so I decided better safe than sorry and replaced it, although I do regular full image backups of all drives.
    Sometimes you get lucky and end up with a quite resilient piece of hardware.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
    Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    But you'd still need to have a computer (or NAS) running 24/7, something I have avoided doing, and not because of the cost of electricity. Even what passes for Enterprise class HDDs these days won't keep running indefinitely under that regime.
    I just replaced a 2TB Seagate drive in my file server that runs 24/7.
    I write the date on the drive at the moment I install it and it goes into service...the date on this one was September 2011.
    I was having problems mounting the drive on about half of the boots, so I decided better safe than sorry and replaced it, although I do regular full image backups of all drives.
    Sometimes you get lucky and end up with a quite resilient piece of hardware.
    That's an interesting report. Some readers here go back quite a ways (as do I) and may recall the SCSI HDDs ? I ran several of the top of the line, Enterprise class IBM ones that used to be made in Hungary. I think their official MTBF (Mean Time Before Failure) spec was huge. (They did require special controllers, adapters, and drivers, which in retrospect now seems a nuisance. Of course, their capacity back then was not anywhere near the TB range, but the stuff we ran in those days was also nowhere near as demanding on storage space as is commonly the case in more recent years.) Some of them ran 24/7 for extended periods. I ran a few of these for about as long as you mentioned; not one of them ever failed, although I did retire a few for semi-obsolescence concerns. Their capacity or speed was no longer up to prevailing standards. Anyone recall those 15,000 RPM HDDs (regular IDE ?) that were pricey but in vogue for awhile ? I still have one of those, in a long retired computer, and I'm guessing that it would probably still work just fine.

HDDs got a lot cheaper (along with the capacities going way up), and so must be being manufactured a lot cheaper. The point of my post was my wondering whether these could still have the sort of durability I experienced with those mentioned above ? A partial answer may be that in all the many WD Black (Made in Thailand) internal HDDs -- and also the portable ones, like the Passport series -- which I've been buying for years, I have not had any failures. But then none of these are being run 24/7 . . . .

[Those full image backups of important boot or storage drives is a very good idea. I do that, but could and probably should do it more often.]
    Last edited by Seeker47; 19th Dec 2020 at 12:36.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Anyone having problems with the YouTube App on the Android Boxes? On my Mom's box last night the videos stopped playing. Today some are playing others just have a black screen with no video or audio playing.
    Quote Quote  
  8. On the device I currently use, Chromecast with Google TV (the best device under US$150), I tried a dozen or so random videos. They all played normally. Do you have a link to a particular video that's giving you problems?

I happen to have my old TX3 mini set up for some other testing. The preinstalled Youtube app on that device isn't working anymore. I just says "An error occurred" when it starts up. All I can do is exit. I tried to remove it but it wouldn't uninstall. So went to the Play store and installed a new version. The new version appears to work normally -- though it's a tablet version, not an Android TV version (it needs a mouse, or mouse emulation).
    Quote Quote  
  9. jagabo: Thank you for the information you have provided and wanting to help. I did try some stuff like clearing the cache and such for the YouTube app.

In the Google Store it will allow me to uninstall all the YouTube updates. Maybe I could do that and reinstall them hoping it gets back to functioning the way it should. I can watch YouTube via the Chrome Browser App but that isn't as convenient.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it, the videos that come up as recommended because of what I have watched in the past those are not playing. Last evening they all were playing fine and then something happened and I haven't a clue what that was.

I am a wrestling fan so I have been watching quite a few of the AEW preview clips and my Mom has chosen Orange Cassidy as her favorite wrestler so we watch a lot of videos with him. I listen to these Jim Cornett talking about Wrestling even though he says stuff that would make a sailor blush; well a cartoon still picture and you hear him and the other guy talking. Well none of the videos plays now.

I hadn't realized how much I enjoy YouTube actually working and I miss it now when it is hit and miss. I watch a lot of Tiny House videos to and none of the "Living Big In A Tiny House" videos are playing for me. I click on the video and some writing comes up "includes a paid promotion" and the screen is black otherwise and you click on the play button in the middle to no avail.

Thankfully Tubi TV and the CTV Throwback App are working alright. Hopefully the YouTube App gets updated again and it fixes whatever has went wrong. It is such a weird box with a weird operating system and the Google Play Store has few apps to chose from.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Going into Google Play finding the YouTube app and selecting uninstall updates seems to have fixed it.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Another streaming option and this has the official Android TV I think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzm_BsPtoGE

We have Netflix and Disney Plus now. Netflix works well on my Sister's Blu Ray player. Disney Plus works on my Mom's Android Box. Netflix doesn't work on my Mom's Android Box.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Another streaming option and this has the official Android TV I think:

We have Netflix and Disney Plus now. Netflix works well on my Sister's Blu Ray player. Disney Plus works on my Mom's Android Box. Netflix doesn't work on my Mom's Android Box.
    That device seems a lot like a poor man's version of the Chromecast with Google TV.

BTW I still am satisfied with my Chromecast with Google TV. It has an app for every major paid US streaming service plus a number of legit free streaming sites.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Another streaming option and this has the official Android TV I think:

Interesting to see this at such a low price point. That video indicates that the adequate cpu power and the right OS are present in this unit, but it remains sorely lacking in regard to storage, ports, and convenience features -- at least in terms of what some of us are looking for. If anything should come on the market at the deluxe end of the spectrum, please post it here. Given the dominance of Roku and the existence of Nvidia Shield, I'm tending to doubt that such a product will be forthcoming.

Incidentally, a friend complained to me that recent iterations of the top Roku model will not allow you to install VLC on them (from the Google Play store), severely hampering video file playback options. The Roku enabled alternative player falls very far short in that regard. I have an earlier model of Roku Ultra, which did accommodate VLC. (The VLC for Android that is, which is inferior compared to the desktop PC versions, but still your best bet for playback on the device.) I have no reason to change my Roku and so won't be testing this, but was he correct -- or simply missing something on how to go about this ? Some kinda side-load maneuver with the .apk, perhaps ?
    Last edited by Seeker47; 17th Jun 2021 at 16:31.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    Incidentally, a friend complained to me that recent iterations of the top Roku model will not allow you to install VLC on them (from the Google Play store), severely hampering video file playback options.
    I have a Roku Ultra that I got about 18 months ago. VLC is not available at the Play Store.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Incidentally, a friend complained to me that recent iterations of the top Roku model will not allow you to install VLC on them (from the Google Play store), severely hampering video file playback options.
    I have a Roku Ultra that I got about 18 months ago. VLC is not available at the Play Store.
    That confirms what this friend reported to me. Still leaves open the question of whether or not there might be some crafty, wonk-ish way to side load the .Apk file onto it. (Someone at AVS is apt to know ?) I did for example at one point side load Kodi onto an earlier model of the Amazon Fire tv box. It worked for awhile, before becoming outmoded and too far behind the later versions of Kodi. I rarely use that box these days, but could probably work out a retracing of those steps -- at least with that box. It's an experiment I might attempt in the case of a box that I owned, but I would not incline anyone else to pursue that with these latter day Roku boxes, if there was any strong possibility of it causing damage.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    And I just made the huge mistake of updating the native software (firmware ?) on my older Roku, to the current level. It threw up this unfortunate note, and wiped out the installed VLC -- and probably some other stuff from the Play Store that I'm not recalling at the moment. Had I known this would happen, I would not have allowed the update to proceed. But I suppose we'll never know whether they could / would have invalidated the installed Play Store apps regardless. That might have been a possibility. This is far from trivial, because any software video player Roku provides really sucks, in comparison to VLC. I still have VLC on my first gen Amazon Fire TV, and the officially semi-abandoned Skystream boxes -- and of course it remains available on the Nvidia Shield.

That still leaves open the question of whether the VLC apk could be side-loaded. But if there's any chance of brick-ing the box by so doing, I'd be hesitant.

[Attachment 59773 - Click to enlarge]

[Not sure how that came out upside down from the upload, but if I can edit this to correct that I will. The orientation looks right in my photo viewer program.]
    Last edited by Seeker47; 8th Jul 2021 at 20:49.
    Quote Quote  
  17. I don't know if this would be of any use to people like me that bought the T95 box:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z08z7Fv4JXM
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    And I just made the huge mistake of updating the native software (firmware ?) on my older Roku, to the current level. It threw up this unfortunate note, and wiped out the installed VLC -- and probably some other stuff from the Play Store that I'm not recalling at the moment. Had I known this would happen, I would not have allowed the update to proceed. But I suppose we'll never know whether they could / would have invalidated the installed Play Store apps regardless. That might have been a possibility. This is far from trivial, because any software video player Roku provides really sucks, in comparison to VLC. I still have VLC on my first gen Amazon Fire TV, and the officially semi-abandoned Skystream boxes -- and of course it remains available on the Nvidia Shield.

That still leaves open the question of whether the VLC apk could be side-loaded. But if there's any chance of brick-ing the box by so doing, I'd be hesitant.

[Attachment 59773 - Click to enlarge]

[Not sure how that came out upside down from the upload, but if I can edit this to correct that I will. The orientation looks right in my photo viewer program.]
    Google removed its Play Movies and TV app from every Roku and most smart TVs beginning on July 15. Users with Roku, Samsung, LG, or Vizio devices had to switch to the YouTube app to get access to movies or TV shows that they bought or rented through the Google Play Store according to the link below:

https://www.theverge.com/2021/4/12/22380593/google-play-movies-tv-app-smart-tvs-roku-s...outube-support
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Pretty much all of these boxes have some points in their favor, as well as some serious deficiencies. I've owned most of the major players, and if some new one came along that offered any clear competition to the Nvidia Shield, I would try it. Months go by without my booting up the Roku or Amazon Fire. After these changes, I'd have to say that the Roku is only good for streaming the leading services -- which most of the others also do, if not always quite as well. That renders it a lowest-common-denominator, and of little use to me. The ancient WD Live TV remains a top 'Go To' for local playback of downloaded video files, provided they are not x265 / HEVC. That said, plugging a stick or portable HDD into the USB port of my Oppo BR player is often more expedient, and plays a lot though not all of the same content as the WD Live. I don't see much use for the Amazon Fire . . . except that there are a couple services (such as the streaming version of TBS or particularly TCM) whose APKs pretend to load onto the Shield but then either won't be found, won't run, or won't run properly there (partly because Android TV does not necessarily equate to regular Android), while some online reports suggest that they might function adequately on the Fire or the Roku. I'll need to look into that. The Shield is still the most muscular of these devices overall, and the most expensive. Its local files playback capability is closer to that of the WD Live, with the addition of playback for x265, in most cases. (I would rather it had some decent software options besides VLC however. I'm close to maxxing out its internal storage, and hope that I can move several programs onto its SD card.) Finally, it may well be that my Skystream One and Two are now reduced to being doorstops, software updates having long ceased for them and it's an open question as to whether the company itself is still breathing ? Their acquisition was originally predicated on the Skystream's highly curated edition of Kodi. I should probably revisit whatever their local files playback could do. That still greatly outweighs my own use of streaming.
    Quote Quote  
  20. I am rather depressed now. Disney Plus doesn't work on the Android Box now. It says Disney Plus has been updated and go to the store and update. Of course it is not in the store they do have a Disney Hotstar but it looks like it is Hindi offerings. If I had any idea that this T95 Android Box would have the Pixel 2 Version 10 OS and it would be such a misery I would never have bought the friggin' thing. It has scared me off of buying any other ones. I suppose I could by an Indvidia Shield and that way I would have a decent OS.

I will watch TubiTV and the CTV App as long as they work.

I can watch Disney Plus on my Desktop Computer. It gives me the excuse to buy a nice wireless keyboard and mouse, that way I can sit back and relax instead of sitting so close to the computer screen.
    Last edited by Tom Saurus; 5th Nov 2021 at 18:01.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am rather depressed now. Disney Plus doesn't work on the Android Box now. It says Disney Plus has been updated and go to the store and update. Of course it is not in the store they do have a Disney Hotstar but it looks like it is Hindi offerings. If I had any idea that this T95 Android Box would have the Pixel 2 Version 10 OS and it would be such a misery I would never have bought the friggin' thing. It has scared me off of buying any other ones. I suppose I could by an Indvidia Shield and that way I would have a decent OS.

I will watch TubiTV and the CTV App as long as they work.

I can watch Disney Plus on my Desktop Computer. It gives me the excuse to buy a nice wireless keyboard and mouse, that way I can sit back and relax instead of sitting so close to the computer screen.
    Disney+s probably does require an approved device, not a generic Android TV box that doesn't have a legit copy of the Android TV OS. This is Disney+'s list of approved platforms: Amazon Fire TV, Android TV devices, AppleTV, Chromecast, and Roku. I am not a Disney+ subscriber but it looks like Disney+ is available for the Chromecast with GoogleTV.
    Quote Quote  
  22. I see the Onn Android TV streaming device from Walmart is down to US$20 now. It's an official Android TV 10 device and gets fairly good reviews. I see Disney+ is on the list of apps.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/onn-Android-TV-UHD-Streaming-Device/636597403

It doesn't appear to be available from Walmart Canada though.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    An Addendum of sorts to my post #319, not all of it strictly on topic:

Firstly, my DirecTV, after about a year of intermittent flakiness, was mostly out for two months, and then completely out for the last two weeks of that. Constant 771 or 775 errors, or picture lockups that a box reboot usually would not address. So, I missed all of the baseball playoffs, and a whole lot else. I tried to stream parts of some games to the Shield, instead. The TBS app I installed to it would not accept my valid credentials. The MLB app on the Shield declined certain games, due to MLB blackout restrictions. But I did get to see part of one game that way, and part of another on the computer. I wanted to relate these happenings because DirecTV has certain very rigid policies, like an official unwillingness to service custom installs and those that are mounted on a second story. But if you reach the right department, as a longtime very good customer, and tell them that if this cannot be fixed then we are DONE, lo and behold there can be a good outcome after all. They did subsequently go up there to replace a critical dead module, and sat tv service was restored.

Evidently, I still have much to learn about side-loading recalcitrant apps to the Shield. (Sometimes there are alternate versions of an app out there, which can have different properties and more agency with a particular streaming device. I've given up on the Google Play store, which has an often paltry app selection coupled with way too many exceptions and limitations, and basically just sucks. I really don't care what apps they choose to approve or not, and Why. As alternatives, Downloader and Aptoide are the way to go. Some YT videos tout the advantages of another one called the Aurora Store, but there is a veiled threat hovering in the background that Google -- which has a great deal of leverage as regards the Shield -- could excommunicate your device, if they discover that you are working with Aurora. I've decided to risk investigating the latter on one of my two Shields . . . but maybe not right away.)

I've tried to put three browsers onto the Shield, but they were intended for computers -- or phones -- and I'm finding they can't be controlled on the streaming box and so are unusable. Maybe there's some way to attach a keyboard and mouse, if that would make the difference, but that starts to get unwieldy. The one such app that seems to be properly designed for streaming box use is the Puffin TV browser. Other apps I've mentioned like TBS and Watch TCM suffer from similar control problems.

A note for Tom: The Nvidia Shield has come out with various models over the years. I think they have some more recent, deluxe model that runs closer to $400. I settled on what I believe is probably a 2017 model, because I prefer its configuration of dual USB ports plus the SD card slot, which I think they discontinued. I think this model originally sold for no more than $200. (Bought both of mine lightly used off eBay.) It does not support HDR, but then my plasma TVs don't either, so it's not anything I'd miss. It does receive an OS software update from Nvidia, once or twice a year. Some later models may have 4 GB of additional internal storage, though I haven't come close to maxxing out mine yet, and the optional SD card addition can obviate much of that advantage. It's a great unit.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    I've tried to put three browsers onto the Shield, but they were intended for computers -- or phones -- and I'm finding they can't be controlled on the streaming box and so are unusable. Maybe there's some way to attach a keyboard and mouse, if that would make the difference, but that starts to get unwieldy. The one such app that seems to be properly designed for streaming box use is the Puffin TV browser. Other apps I've mentioned like TBS and Watch TCM suffer from similar control problems.
    Yes, most Android apps are meant for touchscreen devices and don't work well without a touchscreen. You can use any USB mouse/keyboard with the Shield. I use an old USB mini keyboard/trackpad I had sitting around with my Chromecast/GoogleTV. Like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Miritz-Wireless-Keyboard-Touchpad-Control/dp/B01LZIIH24/

The trackpad is pretty crappy but I use it mainly for entering text.

the Google Play store, which has an often paltry app selection coupled with way too many exceptions and limitations, and basically just sucks.
    Many app developers probably find the Android (Google) TV market too small to bother with. And the big cable/sat channels don't really want you watching their shows on your big screen TV with a Google/Android TV device lest you cancel your cable/sat subscription.
    Last edited by jagabo; 8th Nov 2021 at 19:18.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Many app developers probably find the Android (Google) TV market too small to bother with. And the big cable/sat channels don't really want you watching their shows on your big screen TV with a Google/Android TV device lest you cancel your cable/sat subscription.
    They also prefer that you rent equipment from them to watch their shows on a TV instead of buying your own equipment. However, if someone wants to watch shows on a small screen, my cable provider supplies a phone app and a web page for PCs that allow on-demand streaming.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, most Android apps are meant for touchscreen devices and don't work well without a touchscreen. You can use any USB mouse/keyboard with the Shield. I use an old USB mini keyboard/trackpad I had sitting around with my Chromecast/GoogleTV. Like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Miritz-Wireless-Keyboard-Touchpad-Control/dp/B01LZIIH24/

The trackpad is pretty crappy but I use it mainly for entering text.
    I'm glad to try out anything like this, and wonder if the dual-sided gyro remote w/ keypad on one side might be a viable choice here as well ? I've got one of those, and will see if that can work. A movable arrow cursor is definitely needed, along with some better option for entering text. A standard handheld remote for the device is not adequate for this.

the Google Play store, which has an often paltry app selection coupled with way too many exceptions and limitations, and basically just sucks.
    True, but I think those apps being primarily intended for a phone is the more direct problem. With some apps like the Spectrum one (that is, Spectrum which took over for Time Warner cable), being able to use it on your streaming box seems to have been a major part of the purpose. In my case with TBS app etc., it was not any "cord-cutting" intent, but rather a desperation workaround, trying to find some alternate way to view the playoffs while the sat service was down.

Even if you happened to have a good HTPC, from what I've noted so far I'd say the jury is out on the practicality of web-surfing with a browser on the tv. (Although it basically seems to work with that Puffin browser.) Being able to properly control the browser app is the primary issue, but not the only one. Does anyone make some serious use of this ? I have come across places where having the facility would come in handy.
    Last edited by Seeker47; 9th Nov 2021 at 12:08.
    Quote Quote  
  27. From my experience with both the Android Boxes in the house even with a mini-keyboard it is such a pain to use the browser I avoid using it. I could use the browser to view Disney Plus.

I am glad my Desktop Computer is still working.

I can buy a Chromecast with Google TV but then since I prefer ethernet as opposed to WIFI I will need a powered hub with ethernet. But a hub also gives me slots to plug in usb hard drives and such. Or I can stall all that and watch Disney Plus on the Chrome Browser on the Desktop computer. I would have to make sure the Google TV Chromecast will have the CTV app, perhaps CBC Gem and whatever else that I can access.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    From my experience with both the Android Boxes in the house even with a mini-keyboard it is such a pain to use the browser I avoid using it. I could use the browser to view Disney Plus.

I am glad my Desktop Computer is still working.

I can buy a Chromecast with Google TV but then since I prefer ethernet as opposed to WIFI I will need a powered hub with ethernet. But a hub also gives me slots to plug in usb hard drives and such. Or I can stall all that and watch Disney Plus on the Chrome Browser on the Desktop computer. I would have to make sure the Google TV Chromecast will have the CTV app, perhaps CBC Gem and whatever else that I can access.
    The CBC Gem app can be installed on a Chromecast with Google TV. See https://cbchelp.cbc.ca/hc/en-ca/articles/115003511633-How-do-I-use-Chromecast-with-CBC-Gem-

The CTV app appears to be for phones. See https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ca.ctv.ctvgo&hl=en_US&gl=US
    The CTV website discusses casting from a phone to a Chromecast: https://www.ctv.ca/support/does-the-ctv-app-support-chromecast-and-airplay-28389191
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    wonder if the dual-sided gyro remote w/ keypad on one side might be a viable choice here as well ?
    I have a remote with a keyboard and gyro mouse so I tried it out on the Chromecast with Google TV (an external a USB C PD hub for this as the Chromecast has only one USB C port that's normally used to power the device). The gyro mouse works but I don't think Google TV is really set up for one. You can move the gyro pointer around the screen and select things with a button click but it doesn't scroll when you move the mouse off the edge of the screen. You have to use the arrow keys for that. (This particular gyro mouse is really crappy. The pointer slowly moves up the screen when you set it down. Motion isn't real consistent, etc., overall pretty useless.)
    Last edited by jagabo; 9th Nov 2021 at 17:58.
    Quote Quote  
  30. usually_quiet, Seeker47 & jagabo: Thank you guys for the information that you have provided in this thread.
    Quote Quote