VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have tried (and tried) to make passkey lite actually work, it is installed, but clicking on 'shortcut' gets me here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	passkey.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	43106

Clicking on lite free does nothing, period.

"Detail" info button brings up their store.

"Activate" wants a password

"secure order" & "renew" takes me to their store

What am I not doing right?

edit (Nothing shows up in the notification area)

-c-

edit: From website: "Double click Passkey 9 to run it. And then, Passkey will minimize itself into the system tray." <-this does NOT happen. "Nothing happens"
    Last edited by cornemuse; 11th Sep 2017 at 15:32. Reason: feng shui
    Yes, no, maybe, I don't know, Can you repeat the question?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Others with same issue, it does not do what web page says. The "start dvdfab passkey" button stays greyed out.
    Yes, the 'lite free' is hilighted.

Quote from forum: "I needed to activate (register in the DVDfab site and put email/password when you hit activation).
    You needn't have purchased any product."

"What password"? you get/give one at purchase. But not for free. The instructions (pretty simple for lite) do not mention a password,
    click on shortcut & wait 13 seconds, etc etc.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/380342-DVDFab-Passkey-Lite-9-0-0-1-Newer-Versions-...-giveaway-keys <- no useful info here
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Click the Guide icon on this page to obtain instructions: https://www.dvdfab.cn/passkey-lite.htm

It appears that you don't have to do anything more than to launch Passkey 9 to run Passkey Lite.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I read this topic since I had previously installed a 'free lifetime' version but lost the program when my SSD died. Not then having the email with the key I only now have a trial(expired)/free version.

Also have the same issue >> greyed out button. But having read the other topic this is what is intended there. When I originally installed the s/w I had to register on the site and provide email etc to get the key. Once I logged back in to my account, I was able to start the free version of passkey. Logged out, I could not start the program.

Not a very satisfying situation. After all a 'free' program should act on its own without having to be directly connected to an 'account'.

Trust this helps.

Edit: Just tried the above again. Although as I described worked last night, it is not working now. Even though I am logged in to my account. In fact I still fail to see why being logged in would activate a program that does not have any log in settings with it. So its back to the drawing board. Or buy the darn thing.
    Last edited by DB83; 12th Sep 2017 at 11:02.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried installing the latest trial version of DVDFab Passkey on a computer where I had never previously installed Passkey. The trial version includes Passkey Lite plus a 1-month trial of the full Passkey package. After loading the program, if I select one of the versions on the list, that version runs when I click "Start DVDFab Passkey". If I do nothing, whatever version is highlighted runs after 12 seconds. Unfortunately I will have to wait a month to find out what happens after the trial expires.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 12th Sep 2017 at 15:41. Reason: grammar
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, I found out my problem with pk lite. XP is no longer supported. I dragged out my Tosh laptop (its been behind the door for 8mo-1 year), powered it up & thought wtf??? Anyway I remembered I had cloned the hdd & did the free W-10 upgrade. Anyway, I installed pk lite no hassles & ripped two dvds. (why are laptop cdroms soooo slow?) This laptop has an 'esata' socket on it, I plugged the hdd from my 'ripping' computer via the esata. The issue, not really a problem is, I allus rip to 'files' in case I would need 'fixvts'. I used dvdshrink to not shrink it but 'full disk' to ISO. It would not play on neither my computer or my media player. tried imgburn to convert to iso, it didnt work either. They both play the 'vob files'

What might be the reason for this??

Any other progs to convert vob's to iso's anyone might suggest?

My media player does NOT play MKV files/containers, , , ,

An iso, as one file, copies continuously, whereas vobs, being many files, copy (it seems randomly) (& because of this, not necessarily in any consecuitive order, but all over the drive) & I occaisionally notice a slight pause as heads sometimes take 'longer' to seek/move to next 'vob file'.

-c-

Like I said, I can live with vob's, , , , but prefer iso's.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    what media player do you have ?? try VLC media player
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    He probably means his hardware media player, i.e. an Argosy.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 24th Jan 2018 at 13:06.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cornemuse View Post
    Well, I found out my problem with pk lite. XP is no longer supported. I dragged out my Tosh laptop (its been behind the door for 8mo-1 year), powered it up & thought wtf??? Anyway I remembered I had cloned the hdd & did the free W-10 upgrade. Anyway, I installed pk lite no hassles & ripped two dvds. (why are laptop cdroms soooo slow?) This laptop has an 'esata' socket on it, I plugged the hdd from my 'ripping' computer via the esata. The issue, not really a problem is, I allus rip to 'files' in case I would need 'fixvts'. I used dvdshrink to not shrink it but 'full disk' to ISO. It would not play on neither my computer or my media player. tried imgburn to convert to iso, it didnt work either. They both play the 'vob files'

What might be the reason for this??

Any other progs to convert vob's to iso's anyone might suggest?

My media player does NOT play MKV files/containers, , , ,

An iso, as one file, copies continuously, whereas vobs, being many files, copy (it seems randomly) (& because of this, not necessarily in any consecuitive order, but all over the drive) & I occaisionally notice a slight pause as heads sometimes take 'longer' to seek/move to next 'vob file'.

-c-

Like I said, I can live with vob's, , , , but prefer iso's.
    DVDFab 10 can rip DVDs to ISOs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post

Exactly! neither Argosy or Dune players

"DVDFab 10 can rip DVDs to ISOs."

Ripped them with dvdfab pklite to both vob and iso. Iso's dont work.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post

Exactly! neither Argosy or Dune players

if you have dvdshrink you can output to iso file.
    also you don't say if your using the free or paid version of dvdfab10. only the paid version can rip to iso, the free version cannot - https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/286111-how-do-you-make-an-iso-file-using-dvdfab-hd-decrypter
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM

I didn't suggest Passkey Lite. I suggested that you try a different DVD Fab product, a non-free product.
    Quote Quote