VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So I'm swapping a brand new computer in, moving the prior one to another role, and want to install TMPGEnc 4.0 onto a 2019 ZBook running windows 10. I just want to have a video converter on it, though I don't expect to use it much. Still, I have to have SOMEthing.

I have been installing TMPG 4.0 several times, and this is the first time I can't even get it to launch. It installs with no problems, accepts my serial number, etc, but when I try to launch it I get this error:
    EAccessViolation occurred o module TMPGEnc4XP.exe / 64C6BD89
    At address 64C6BD89, Read error occurred against address 64C6BD89.
    Followed by two more smaller error messages:
    Runtime error 204 at 00402B1C
    and
    Runtime error 204 at 05522A64
    I have a feeling that it may be trying to access some original files that were not included in the installer files (which I just downloaded today). Or, it may be trying to access some background or Microsoft software that isn't installed. My other wild guess is that it won't run on Windows 10... anymore. (I am sure I had it running on a Windows 10 machine in the past.)

Anyone have any idea what's going on? Or has anyone been able to run TMPGEnc 4.0 on Windows 10 recently?

Thanks...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Hjourzt View Post
    So I'm swapping a brand new computer in, moving the prior one to another role, and want to install TMPGEnc 4.0 onto a 2019 ZBook running windows 10. I just want to have a video converter on it, though I don't expect to use it much. Still, I have to have SOMEthing.

I have been installing TMPG 4.0 several times, and this is the first time I can't even get it to launch. It installs with no problems, accepts my serial number, etc, but when I try to launch it I get this error:
    EAccessViolation occurred o module TMPGEnc4XP.exe / 64C6BD89
    At address 64C6BD89, Read error occurred against address 64C6BD89.
    Followed by two more smaller error messages:
    Runtime error 204 at 00402B1C
    and
    Runtime error 204 at 05522A64
    I have a feeling that it may be trying to access some original files that were not included in the installer files (which I just downloaded today). Or, it may be trying to access some background or Microsoft software that isn't installed. My other wild guess is that it won't run on Windows 10... anymore. (I am sure I had it running on a Windows 10 machine in the past.)

Anyone have any idea what's going on? Or has anyone been able to run TMPGEnc 4.0 on Windows 10 recently?

Thanks...
    does the program have a desktop icon ?? if yes
    then try right clicking on the icon - select properties - compatibility - then check the box next to (run this program in compatibility mode for)
    then in the drop down menu select windows 7, click ok and then see if the program will now run.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There are a few posts in the BBS on this page that may be relevant
    https://bbs.pegasys-inc.com/bbs/list/lang/en/board/te40/page/18
    Quote Quote  
  4. I tried running with the Compatibility for Windows & & Windows 8 selected, neither worked.

However, uninstalling Quicktime did solve it. That was commonly mentioned in the threads about similar issues in that BBS list. Thanks for the assist!
    Quote Quote