VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi, I have 1 large MPEG file and it is to big to fit on a DVD. I did a search for a guide to split using TMPGEnc and i tried it but before using that tool i knew splitting is going to be diffuclt. Is there any splitting tools and guides out there?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mpeg streamclip

Under EDIT is "set in" and "set out" ... move the button on the jogger bar to selected start position , then set "in" first , then move button on jogger bar again to required position , and set "out" position ... similar practice as used via virtualdub / mod .

File > save as mpeg .

Do not delete original file till you confirm file pieces play back without fault ... or else .

Ps : Your vista ... have fun .
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bjs
    Mpeg streamclip

Under EDIT is "set in" and "set out" ... move the button on the jogger bar to selected start position , then set "in" first , then move button on jogger bar again to required position , and set "out" position ... similar practice as used via virtualdub / mod .

File > save as mpeg .

Do not delete original file till you confirm file pieces play back without fault ... or else .

Ps : Your vista ... have fun .
    when i try to use that program, it stops responding. I thought VirtualDub can't load MPEG's?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    VirtualDub can read MPEG-1, and VirtualDubMod reads both MPEG-1 and MPEG-2.
    But IIRC, precise splitting of MPGs requires closed GOPs. Check whether your MPG file is or is not open-GOPed. I have never used Mpeg streeamclip, don't know what it is capable of.

=====
    Quote Quote