VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have windows 11 and am using usb-live2 to capture my laserdisc player. I've got amarectv to do that. The problem is when I play the video essentials test disc and I watch the vu meters in audacity or cooledit it shows the speaker balance test is performing properly,first playing left channel and then the right. But.. after it starts to play the sound the sound begins to also come thru the other speaker and then the right channel plays and shortly after it starts the sound also starts playing thru my left speaker. Windows has a setting to make stereo sound mono and that's what this issue reminds me of but that is set to off. When the sound begins to play in the speaker that is supposed to be silent it doesn't show on my meters. If I just play other audio ,like a youtube speaker balance test that doesn't happen (left channel is only in left and vice versa) or if I play a dvd in my computer or video file I'm not getting the problem,it's only capturing the laserdisc that has the problem. I was just curious if anyone else has ran into this problem.so basicly I can record audio from the disc properly,but to hear the sound coming thru my speakers is strange and confusing as I often take the audio and do some editing to it so I can't really go by "ear" it's more of just watching the meters and knowing what is going on at that time in the video,but it still confuses me.
    I thought I'd add,my computer is a new hp desktop which only has usb3 ports,i just read a topic that stated use usb 2, So maybe that's the problem. It's like going into the computer correctly but coming out of the computer is the problem.
    Last edited by jsdspif; 2nd Mar 2023 at 18:25.
    Quote Quote