VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hallo i am a newbie in SV , i am trying to make a text glich effect and addit over the normal layer but the moment i use "VEGAS Displacement Map" the rest of the video is moved out of position if you know what im talking about please i need help to fix this

normal https://gyazo.com/f891962e48e0516d668f3003e5651002
    with Displacement https://gyazo.com/f67dce47713df227d2f5d637e4604820

the question is is there a way to lock or how do i make an effect just on text
    Quote Quote  
  2. I've used Sony Vegas Pro almost daily since 2003.

I don't know for certain what is causing this, but I can recommend two places to look.

First of all, effects can be applied to the track level or to the even. In this case you should be applying the fX to the event, i.e., you click on the fX icon that is on the event, not the one that is in the track header.

The other problem that is common is to have the fX done before pan/crop when it should be after, or vice versa. I'm not at my editing computer now, and they changed how this worked, back around Vegas 11, so I can never remember where it is. In the old versions there was an almost hidden diamond on the left side of the pan/crop dialog, next to the track controls. I think the current method is to have the pan/crop icon list along with the fX chain. Its default is to be to the left of the chain, but in many cases you want to have the fX applied before the fX, rather than after, so you have to change that order.

One other possibility is that you have to change settings in the displacement fX. I've only used it once or twice in the thousands of hours I've used Vegas, so I'm not immediately familiar with the controls, but you might want to do a quick read of the documentation or help file and see if there is some sort of option to constrain the video or normalize the result, so you don't actually move the entire frame.

I just realized that you want the effect to only be on text. If that's the case, you apply the fX to the text event. That event should be on a track above your main video. Once again, you apply the fX to the event (in this case, that means the text event) and NOT to the track.
    Last edited by johnmeyer; 26th Jan 2020 at 15:07. Reason: added last paragraph
    Quote Quote  
  3. thnx for info i will try it later today hope i understand what to do.
    Quote Quote  
  4. well im back with the same problem i just cant make it work .... if someone can join with teamviwer to explain how to not effect other layers just the ones i want or a tutorial on youtube would be great

NVM i found it by mistake LUL i grouped them
    Quote Quote