VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I really needed a good macOS tool for downloading HD video (instructional videos) from YouTube, and came here first. I tried nearly all the tools I could find and they come up short in a big way if using macOS.

Then I found downie 3 and determined it to be great for my needs, so I purchased it. I was surprised to learn that it’s not mentioned here when doing a tool search (unless my searches are poor). I sent a site feedback msg. suggesting to add this tool, but I’m not sure that was the proper channel for this, so I decided to ask in a forum post (in the thread title).

Here’s a link to the tool...
    https://software.charliemonroe.net/downie/
    Last edited by crjackson; 14th Sep 2019 at 14:57.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The feedback sub-forum would , I thought, be the appropriate place for your question.

But I can not see such a post there. Maybe it was deleted for the following reason.

You might be totally innocent here but posts of this nature are often construed to be un-authorised product promotion ie Spam

Anyone, usually the product developer/seller, looking to promote a software, as in accordance with the forum rules should contact the site admin in the first instance >> 'Contact Us' on the bottom of this page.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    The feedback sub-forum would , I thought, be the appropriate place for your question.

But I can not see such a post there. Maybe it was deleted for the following reason.

You might be totally innocent here but posts of this nature are often construed to be un-authorised product promotion ie Spam

Anyone, usually the product developer/seller, looking to promote a software, as in accordance with the forum rules should contact the site admin in the first instance >> 'Contact Us' on the bottom of this page.
    I'm just a user, I've been a member here for over 1 decade and now approaching 2. I'm not looking to promote exactly, I just found it to be a great tool for macOS users and thought it would be useful here. Maybe the seller doesn't know or doesn't care about VH. Who knows... I did send the inquiry to the "Contact Us" page. I was just wondering if that was the proper place.
    Last edited by crjackson; 14th Sep 2019 at 21:36.
    Quote Quote