VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My source file is .vob, it converts just fine into 1 large .DV file, but despite all attempts and settings i've tried, i cannot get it into chunks. at all. it always comes out as 1 large file. I need smaller pieces so i can import the .DV files into iMOVIE. What is the proper procedure for chopping up .vob files into specific sizes?
    Quote Quote  
  2. What is the source of the vob file? How are you getting it, from a DVD HDD, a Handycam DVD, what? When I record onto DVD on my DVD recorder, I can specify VR mode or Video Mode. If you chose VR mode, it will be one large file, if you chose video mode it will be broken up into files no larger tha about 1.4gig. You could use editing software like Womble Video Wizard to break up the large file into smaller mpg files, then if you renamed the mpg exension to vob, that should work too. Mpg files and Vob files are interchangeable.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The source files are from a dvd, the original file was an imove file, that got corrupted, so now, i'm trying to get the file back into imove by converting the .vob files into .dv files. The source .vob files are fairly large, about 1.5 gigs each, but, when turned into dv files they are way past imovies 2 gig file size limit. If there is a way that ffmpegx can take a 1.5 gig .vob, and make several smaller chunks that would be ideal.
    Quote Quote