VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. For those of you that may have missed it:

http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/10/youtube-8k-video/

I downloaded it and even with it being scaled down to 1080p (the max my monitor can handle), it still looks awesome.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search PM
    Good thing, progress, super!

Thanks for sharing!

I can't wait for the grumbling curmudgeons to say it is all nonsense and that SD video on a crummy CRT is more than enough!

Last edited by newpball; 12th Jun 2015 at 11:34.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by newpball View Post
    I can't wait for the grumbling curmudgeons to say it is all nonsense and that SD video on a crummy CRT is more than enough!
    If it starts off as SD and that is all that will ever be available....SD is the best you will ever get.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    If it starts off as SD and that is all that will ever be available....SD is the best you will ever get.
    What a bummer!
    I was waiting for an Avisynth script to convert the first moon landing video to 4K and in color.

Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    What a bummer!
    I was waiting for an Avisynth script to convert the first moon landing video to 4K and in color.

Scariest scenario?.....someone here at VH SWEARS this is true and the script also makes his morning coffee taste better.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by newpball View Post
    Your level of waffle is constantly high these days.
    Who's said that in this forum? Anyone even implied it? Can you quote a post?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sophisticles View Post
    For those of you that may have missed it:

http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/10/youtube-8k-video/

I downloaded it and even with it being scaled down to 1080p (the max my monitor can handle), it still looks awesome.
    Next you will be telling us that HDTV down-scaled to 480i using a $40 converter box and viewed on a 13-inch CRT TV still looks great.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    Your level of waffle is constantly high these days.
    Who's said that in this forum? Anyone even implied it? Can you quote a post?
    There are one or two members here who I can recall writing something to the effect in recent months, and not in jest. (Every forum has a few eccentric members.)

..but any claim that this viewpoint is in any way pervasive here is typical newpball exaggerated and inflammatory rhetoric. (Every forum has its share of trolls too.)
    Quote Quote  
  9. Cool news, thanks for sharing!
    Quote Quote