VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm very new at restoration after reading a lot of post here ,I think I can do it. I have a chance to buy a misubishi hs-hd 2000 at a good price. So as I understand this unit will do about all things for a beginer like myself? We have about 216 home movie between all of us and some old retail tapes from the 70's and 80's. Will this unit be ok for this? And what would be a good solid stand alone dvd burner to use? thanks 2boot
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It is a D-VHS VCR.
    Do you intend to use it just for playback of VHS?
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes I will be using it to copy all of of our old home movies and the old store bought movies that my brothers and I have. As I understand all I will need is this unit and a good stand alone burner,is this correct? There will be no high def. at all just copy and burn. thanks 2boot
    Quote Quote  
  4. There is no better playback VCR for this purpose (transferring old VHS to DVD) than the Mitsubishi HS-HD2000U. I use mine everyday, its amazing. The only thing it will NOT do for you is paas thru a clean signal from any of the "retail" tapes you mentioned having in your collection. Most of these will require an external "black box" signal cleaner because of the embedded protection distortions. Advice on how to transfer those particular tapes can be found all over this forum- you should be able to learn what you need quickly.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    2boot, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    Thanks,
    Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I also have a Mitsu and it seems great so far on a few test runs, I just got another shipment from ebay with a JVC M100, Panny ES10 and I.Den IVT-7 so from what i've gathered on this forum all together these should be a really good combo. Now to figure out how to tweak everything to get the optimal picture. =) Good luck, I'm not new to video but am new to transfering VHS to DVD and this forum is worth more gold than the weight of the servers that host it. Seek and ye shall find.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If someone bought an extra Mitsubishi HS-HD2000U and wants to sell it to me, please PM me.

Tom
    Quote Quote