VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi everyone,

I'm trying to hardcode subtitles on a video. I used Aegisub to create the subs but when I import the video file in handbrake and export it with the subtitles, they don't keep the changes I did (for example: position in the frame and font size)

Any suggestions?

Thank in advance

Gab
    Quote Quote  
  2. what type of subs did you export ?

if you used srt - they contain no formatting
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,

I exported in "all format ass. stl. encoretxt. sub. srt. ssa ttxt. txt. transtationtxt." But the file results to be srt anyway. In HandBrake, the programme that I use to hardcode subs, the only possible option is to import srt subtitles, so I don't think I can use any other format. Or can I?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Save as ASS format. Then mux video and ASS using mkvtoolnix. Then you can hardsub in HandBrake with all styles.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    That's amazing, thank you so much!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Gabb View Post
    Hi,

I exported in "all format ass. stl. encoretxt. sub. srt. ssa ttxt. txt. transtationtxt." But the file results to be srt anyway. In HandBrake, the programme that I use to hardcode subs, the only possible option is to import srt subtitles, so I don't think I can use any other format. Or can I?
    If doing hardsub try megui I'm using also because I'm making hindi subbed animes

Sent from my P4 using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote