VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have an MKV that has two audio tracks: 1) commentary 2) regular movie dialog. I want to swap them so the the regular dialog track is first (and therefore the default) and within the same ffmpeg command I would like to assign a "title" to each track. But, whatever I try, I either get them staying the same sequence, or, I get two additional tracks (in the order I prefer). This is my best try so far that results in 4 audio tracks:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i in.mkv -metadata:s:a:0 "title=Italian with Commentary in Russian" -metadata:s:a:0 language="" -metadata:s:a:1 "title=Italian" -metadata:s:a:1 language="" -map 0:a:1 -map 0:a:0 -c copy out.mp4
    The goal is to accomplish this in a single ffmpeg command. Can this be done?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Use clever Ffmpeg-GUI.
    Load your mkv, click main, click multiplex, check the D/F field of the desired audio stream (you can check only one audio stream as default), click multiplex, done.

[Attachment 62939 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Use clever Ffmpeg-GUI.
    Load your mkv, click main, click multiplex, check the D/F field of the desired audio stream (you can check only one audio stream as default), click multiplex, done.
    I repeat: The goal is to accomplish this in a single ffmpeg command. Can this be done?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by the_steve_randolph View Post
    I repeat: The goal is to accomplish this in a single ffmpeg command. Can this be done?
    If you don't want to accept help, then just learn it yourself; the next time you will have forgotten it again, and you can start from the beginning.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Originally Posted by the_steve_randolph View Post
    If you don't want to accept help, then just learn it yourself; the next time you will have forgotten it again, and you can start from the beginning.
    I accept help for the problem(s) that I present. I presented a problem to be solved with ffmpeg. The ultimate goal is to build an ffmpeg GUI from problems that I encounter, so, I am documenting solutions so that I don't forget next time. I can't learn how to do that by accepting non-ffmpeg solutions. If you don't want to provide solutions within the specifications provided, that is your problem not mine.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Use clever Ffmpeg-GUI.
    This does not accomplish the OP task as that utility does not give me an opportunity to assign a title/name to the audio tracks
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    That is an interesting tag/switch. Unfortunately I have a few other fires burning brighter and hotter at the moment, so, I am unable to test this for now. But, I will come back with results. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by the_steve_randolph View Post
    This does not accomplish the OP task as that utility does not give me an opportunity to assign a title/name to the audio tracks
    Implemented in the new version (2.9.2)
    Quote Quote