VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Ok, I finally managed to get ffms2.dll and ffvideosource().

I tried jagabo's script and with the ffmpeg command provided by poisondeathray. I could get the result that jagabo got with x264 command.

My observation is, if I include SelectEven() in the script, the output video is reported as 25 fps in MediaInfo. If I exclude SelectEven(), then output video is reported as 50 fps.

Should I include anything more in the script such as ConvertToYUV or something? I want to make this video BlueRay disc compatible for future use.
    Quote Quote  
  2. 720p50 is bd compatible, but you still need to encode with bd compatible settings
    https://sites.google.com/site/x264bluray/home/720p-encoding

Technically 720p25 is not compatible, but it can be done with double pulldown flag (it's a repeat frame flag) . The benefit of doing it this way is you encode 1/2 the frames (at a given bitrate, the quality will be higher, because with 720p50 and duplicates, you can think of the bitrate being "wasted" on duplicates. It actually works out to be only marginally better , maybe a few % on typical content, because x264 is very good with b-frames) . The negatives are some authoring software don't "like" it done this way, whereas the hardcoded duplicates will be compatible with everything

If you got ffms2 working, then it should be already in YV12, so no need to and ConvertTo.... . You can confirm this by using Info() at the end of the script, it will report the colorspace
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you everyone for the immense help.
    Quote Quote  
  4. And your audio would need to be re-encoded for BD (AAC not compatible)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Ok. I will take care of that. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!